How can my browser read meteohub data files?

Discussion of the Meteohub software package

Moderator: Mattk

Bloodrule
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

How can my browser read meteohub data files?

Post by Bloodrule » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:08 am

Please excuse this beginner's question. I have meteohub's ftp and shares working, sending data files to my webserver on my LAN. I know how to insert tags into my the html on my webserver, but I can't work out how the html pages can find and read the data. When I publish the webpages it shows the tags as text, not the values for the tags.

My webpages are at /var/www on my server. The data files are being uploaded to /var/www/meteohub

Should the webpages be reading the data that has been uploaded to the server or should it be reading it from the SMB shares that meteohub has created, and if so, how do I tell the webserver where to find those files?

Is there something I'm missing in the apache configuration on my webserver or have I missed the whole point somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

BR

Bloodrule
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: How can my browser read meteohub data files?

Post by Bloodrule » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:32 am

If meteohub and my server are on the same LAN, is the correct method to configure metohub to upload html files which contain the current values to my webserver ready for display, or do I upload the data only to the webserver such that the html files on my server read the values from the uploaded data files into the tags on my server?

The manual refers to version 4 of meteohub and I have installed version 5. I am not sure if there is any significant difference but it is causing me some confusion.

Thanks to anyone who can give me even a snippet of guidance. I don't need a full tutorial!

cgn
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by cgn » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:39 am

Your HTML templates have to be placed in your PC network folder "/public/graphs".
Then they can be uploaded by meteohub's ftp-function (Graph uploads).
Best regards
cgn

-----------------------------------------
Weather Station: Oregon WMR 200
Meteohub-System: SheevaPlug
Since Dec 2009

Bloodrule
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Bloodrule » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Many thanks cgn. You've got me on the right track...
BR