Weather Underground upload fail

Discussion of the Meteohub software package

Moderator: Mattk

G3ZSS
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Weather Underground upload fail

Post by G3ZSS » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Anyone having problems uploading to Weather Underground. My last upload was on 15 April and I have checked my login/password, but no luck. Running meteohub on Pi3 and 5.0s software. Uploads to CWOP are working OK, as is the ftp upload to my website. Just cannot get weather underground to work?
Peter
http://www.g3zss.com/WeatherDisplay/index.html

G3ZSS
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Weather Underground upload fail

Post by G3ZSS » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:00 pm

I have not made any changes, but Weather Underground is working correctly today. Strange!

tastewar
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by tastewar » Tue May 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Periodically, I get email from WU telling me my station stopped reporting. Then I'll get another one that it is all set. This happens at apparently random intervals, and for apparently random periods of time. On their site, there will be a section of data where the lines are all just horizontal, indicating that the data didn't change in the interval. Don't know what to make of it. I am moving from wireless to wired now, though, and will see if that makes a difference.

YJB
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by YJB » Wed May 10, 2017 8:55 am

Hi,

This migth be related to a bug in meteohub. Meteohub was referring to cwop.fuller.net when trying to upload to CWOP. This is one of the CWOP server, but it's not always available.

The correct server to use fro CWOP uploads is cwop.aprs.net (which is actually an alias for a trunk of servers).

Fortunately this has now been corrected in Meteohub (just checked in 5.0V)