nano SD auto export data daily **solved**

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO, NANO SD and Raspberry Pi units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

vjetten
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

nano SD auto export data daily **solved**

Post by vjetten »

I am using the meteobridge nano sd in a research project. De meteostation is in a remote location on a host network of somebody living there. I can access the station remotely and I can have meteobridge send an export file to my gmail account.

I Iwould like the meteobridge to create an export file every day, so I can also send it to my gmail account every day. Or some other method of automatically downloadin data from the meteobridge

thanks
Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: nano SD auto export data daily

Post by Mattk »

So you have an export template working and you have Email setup in service settings?

Setup an Data Export service under Weather Nets>Events, based on how you specifically require the data time frame etc There is really not any single config to do this so this is just an example of a daily 24 hour period at just before midnight for the Current Day hence at midnight + a fraction of a second the file created is for Yesterday, as mentioned lots of options to suit your requirements

Select Service > Data Export
Select Service Type > Specific Time
Add Service Event
Set Data Export> before each new day
Time Frame: Current Day
Resolution: Minutes ( whatever resolution you require)
Template: Select your Export template

[Save] that so that at just before midnight, every day an Export file will be automatically created on the NanoSD storage media. Each daily export filename will have a unique name, there will also be a lastexport.txt file created and a export_#.txt where # is the number of the Event used to create the export.

Now setup an Email Service and the Event Type could be set to [Triggered by Event] or [Specific Time] as used in this example.
Select Time to send Email at: 00:15 Drop down Box [Select Predefined Content for Email] Select export:lastexport
To-Addr: enter your setup email address
[Save]

So just before midnight everyday a export.txt file is created for the current day, at 15 minutes past midnight lastexport.txt (for yesterday) will be emailed.

There are so many options to all of this it's not possible to specifically go into any real detail.
vjetten
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: nano SD auto export data daily

Post by vjetten »

I get it, you need events to trigger the meteobridge into doing something. So I set up an event that creates a daily report "before each new day" and a second event sends an email triggered by the first. Brilliant

Thanks for helping out, appreciate it.