Sensor data

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

SkidMark
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Sensor data

Post by SkidMark » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 am

I have added a temperature only station to my Davis VP2 console and it is set for Temp only. But in my Meteobridge it looks
as if it is trying to add humidity. How and can I deselect humidity?
Thanks

Messages.png
Messages.png (21 KiB) Viewed 940 times
LiveData.png
LiveData.png (22.58 KiB) Viewed 940 times
Sensor.png
Sensor.png (14.83 KiB) Viewed 940 times

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sensor data

Post by admin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:00 am

Just use "T #1". What is the problem? Is there anything that does not work?

SkidMark
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by SkidMark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:40 am

The humidity that does not exist but displayed is being sent to Ambient Weather or the site is seeing temperature and assumes humidity is being sent as well.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:48 am

Did you try marking the false outdoor sensor as blocked on "Live Data" tab?

SkidMark
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by SkidMark » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:35 am

No option to block it unless I make it something else like soil moisture or leaf wetness. Then I can select to block but it does not seem
to be blocking. I set the temperature to soil moisture and then blocked it but temperature still going out to Ambient.

SkidMark
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by SkidMark » Thu May 31, 2018 5:29 am

So it seems something has changed at Weather Underground, the site is now looking at my extra temperature data and using it for the main outdoor temperature. It is not selected to replace the main unit. Ambient Weather still shows the two temperatures in the correct location.

This started on 29-May-2018 at approximately 3:19pm.

N9XTN
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by N9XTN » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Thanks for this post. I have a 4" soil temperature set up and that data is being crossed up with my air temperature data on Weather Underground. It began at the same time as when you noticed your station. When I saw this, I thought my temperature sensor was getting flaky and I ordered a new one. It wasn't until this morning that I noticed the data on my APRS/CWOP station was clean.

I'm going to try disabling the soil temp on Meteobridge and see if that cleans up the WU data. That's not ideal, but is a good crutch for now.

N9XTN
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by N9XTN » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:59 pm

I just found an even better solution for my problem. On the Meteobridge sensor page, I can click on the left column and change "outdoor temp #1" to report as "soil temperature #1". This is being sent to WU correctly now. Hoping that clears my WU problem.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:59 pm

WU is again seriously broken. When anyone reports additional temp sensors apart from the standard one, they mess it up. When they don't get this fixed I might be forced to suppress reporting any additional temp sensors to them... :roll:

SkidMark
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by SkidMark » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:10 am

I just pulled the battery in my temperature unit and let it fade away. I see it looks like they may have found the problems they were having,
but for now I'll just leave mine off.

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34472.0
There are a few issues being discussed here which I'll try to shed some light on:

1. Bad rapidfire updates on the dashboard: should be resolved. Due to a backlogged queue, the data you were seeing was in many cases hours old. This did not impact the accuracy of archive records.

2. Jumping air temperature: should also be resolved. This was specific to certain stations which had multiple air temperature sensors.

3. Upload 4xx errors: as it's obvious at this point, some changes were made last Tuesday (which I hope to explain further in a future message). One effect is stricter enforcement of HTTP requests. If you're still experiencing upload errors please make sure your software is sending a valid HTTP GET request. Specifically, make sure ID's and passwords/upload keys are typed correctly - correct case and no extra spaces! If you wrote your own software make sure the query arguments are properly encoded, especially special characters in passwords and software type.
Perhaps when Boris has some free time he can add a option to be able to select what data is sent to the different networks. Say I want to send
my second temperature to Ambient but not to WU or any of the other networks. On Ambient I was able to name my temperature what it was.
I guess I could have called it soil temperature on WU which if anyone ever looked it would have them wandering.

Then maybe not add humidity with a temperature only station. :idea: