Meteobridge Offline

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

pfindlay
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Meteobridge Offline

Post by pfindlay » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:42 am

Is it normal for the meteobridge to go offline when there is an update available? Mine stopped working on July 8th which coincides with the latest update. I’m not discounting a potential loss in internet connectivity but the last time it went offline it was definitely the meteobridge device and not the internet.

Is there a way to trigger a reboot remotely or have the device reboot periodically?

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge Offline

Post by Mattk » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:39 am

Is it normal for the meteobridge to go offline when there is an update available?....
Not by itself
....Mine stopped working on July 8th which coincides with the latest update....
A firmware update should not trigger an update but you should always have "use installed version" set as good management practices
....I’m not discounting a potential loss in internet connectivity...
Always something to check especially if you are using DHCP, power fluctuation could be another trigger and can trigger unwanted updates in conjunction with internet issues especially if you have "Get newest on boot" permanently set?
....Is there a way to trigger a reboot remotely....
Anything is possible but not likely
....or have the device reboot periodically?
Yes that can be setup, but doesn't sound like something you have done (in the services tab)?

SkidMark
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Meteobridge Offline

Post by SkidMark » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:49 am

My Davis WeatherLinkIP would tend to just stop working at times and the only way to start it back up was to cycle power to the console.
I purchased the Meteobridge unit and two smart plugs. https://www.tp-link.com/us/products/det ... 0-KIT.html
at about the same time so I could cycle power if I needed to.

I still see what looks like the WeatherLinkIP getting lost sometimes but the Meteobridge looks like gets the unit talking again. I don't think
I have had to use the switches to reboot the units remotely yet. I do have two more that I use to control some lights and so far they have
worked fine for me.

So as long as the internet is working it would give you a option to cycle power.