NaN being sent to weather sites rather than numeric data **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

chrisgrainger
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

NaN being sent to weather sites rather than numeric data **solved**

Post by chrisgrainger » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi Boris,

At 1335 on Tuesday of this week, my weather site started showing NaN (not a number) for various values. I use the Saratoga template and checked the files that Meteobridge was sending. Each file contained the tag for the value and not the converted value. This had happened to me before when the ISS battery had failed. I have since changed it and am still having the issue. I posted on WxForum and both Ken and Wim van der kuil have suggested that a note to you would be advised as this wasn't a software problem but rather a problem with the Meteobridge connecting to the console.

As you are most likely aware, I have had Meteobridge for several years now. I have a Davis Vantage Vue and the bridge is connected to the console through a USB hub. I have a UTP network connection and am running the latest version of Meteobridge on a TP-Link MR3020. Assuming you will need it, I am sending login information to info(at)meteobridge.com

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!

Chris

chrisgrainger
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: NaN being sent to weather sites rather than numeric data

Post by chrisgrainger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:15 pm

The issue I had is solved. Boris logged in and determined that a PC program connecting to Meteobridge on Port 22222 was causing the problem. Once I shut that program down, Meteobridge started working again as before. The program was Weather Display, which had been running and connected to that port for several months with no issues. I must have done something with WD to change something. Now to determine what that was and fix it so I can have it running again.

Many thanks to Boris for the outstanding support he provides for Meteobridge.

Cheers!

Chris