Disk Full

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

User avatar
Ag2000CO
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:22 pm
Location: CO, USA
Contact:

Re: Disk Full

Post by Ag2000CO » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 am

That is better than a failed USB!
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.

Drurak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by Drurak » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:12 pm

On monday evening (11-3) the internal disk has 600 Mb free space. In less 24 hours the internal disk is Full.

Any clue, what cause to generate more than 600 MB data in less then 24 hours?


Greets

User avatar
Ag2000CO
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:22 pm
Location: CO, USA
Contact:

Re: Disk Full

Post by Ag2000CO » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:36 pm

Drurak, Based on my experience I would suggest you do a backup of the data, if you can.

What clues does the system log give you?
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.

Drurak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by Drurak » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:47 pm

I lost my backup yesterday evening, when i switch from internal disk to external disk and reboot the Pro. After the reboot it formated the external disk.

I switch back this evening to internal disk and shutdown the pro and take the electric power off for 10 seconds. Then i started the pro and to my supprise the internal disk is back. The internal disk usage is now 27 %.

I will make a new backup, this evening.

greets.

Colin R
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by Colin R » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 pm

Hi all

I am new to this forum and I have just been reading about the "Full disk" problem.
I thought I would add a comment about this. I recently bought a Meteobridge Pro Red. I received it on the 26th of February. I installed it to replace an all ways on laptop.

I first set it up in a room that was a bit too far away from the Davis Vantage Pro ISS as the signal strengths were showing at around -80 to 90db and occasionally lost the solar signal. I moved it to another room about 20 metres from the outside ISS and got the signal down to -65db.

All has been well till Monday, then it started with the same problems as you guys are talking about on here. Disk full and no history etc. See attached.

I have contacted Davis instruments Australia and I am waiting for them to login to my unit and give me a report. The unit is only weeks old. I bought the unit believing that they were very reliable.

I have a console. Plus an envoy that's connected to a computer, no longer used.
Attachments
mbridge file.JPG
mbridge file.JPG (73.36 KiB) Viewed 75 times

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 am

Re: Disk Full

Post by Mattk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:32 pm

What are these USB makes? System Tab>System> Storage ?

User avatar
admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 5641
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by admin » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:37 pm

Colin R wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 pm
I am new to this forum and I have just been reading about the "Full disk" problem.
I thought I would add a comment about this. I recently bought a Meteobridge Pro Red. I received it on the 26th of February. I installed it to replace an all ways on laptop.
Sorry that you are experiencing problems. Can you please give me a remote login as described in the FAQ in this forum? Please send URL and password to "info(at)meteobridge.com".

New units have the industrial USB storage included, so a wear out problem is rather unlikely.

Colin R
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by Colin R » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:49 am

admin wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:37 pm
Colin R wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 pm
I am new to this forum and I have just been reading about the "Full disk" problem.
I thought I would add a comment about this. I recently bought a Meteobridge Pro Red. I received it on the 26th of February. I installed it to replace an all ways on laptop.
Sorry that you are experiencing problems. Can you please give me a remote login as described in the FAQ in this forum? Please send URL and password to "info(at)meteobridge.com".

New units have the industrial USB storage included, so a wear out problem is rather unlikely.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I did send an email, with login details to your given email address on the 14th of March along with a description of my problems.

However since then I have had contact from my Davis Instruments Australia supplier who has logged in to my unit but has not been able to rectify the problem. I told the guy from Davis Instruments Australia that I had emailed to "support@smartbedded.com" He suggested I wait for a response.

After waiting a day or two and hearing nothing I thought I would have a look at things again. I decided to try an external usb disk drive and change over to it from the internal. The external drive worked and I have live data back plus history. I tried changing back to the internal disk drive to see if the problem had been fixed (wishful thinking) But no the internal disk drive still has a fault.

One thing I'm unsure about is the internal temperature of the Meteobridge unit at around +50ºC sometimes?

I have attached a clip of the live data showing the temp today.
I will email my login details to the address you have given. I currently am not using the Meteobridge to upload any data to any websites. It is only running so you can access it. Also it is currently running on the external disk drive (32 meg)

All my weather data uploads are being sent from a laptop on 24/7 again. Something I want to get away from.

Many Thanks, your help is much appreciated.
Attachments
live data.JPG
live data.JPG (61.74 KiB) Viewed 36 times

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 am

Re: Disk Full

Post by Mattk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:20 am

As per your latest comments re internal/external USB and as per request above, What are these USB makes? System Tab>System> Storage ? Can you provide the USB internal details. Before changing back to internal to do this might also pay to first note what the external USB make/model is also

As per Internal Box temperature of +50ºC that is fairly normal

Colin R
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by Colin R » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:38 am

Mattk wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:20 am
As per your latest comments re internal/external USB and as per request above, What are these USB makes? System Tab>System> Storage ? Can you provide the USB internal details. Before changing back to internal to do this might also pay to first note what the external USB make/model is also

As per Internal Box temperature of +50ºC that is fairly normal
Thanks again for your help...

Please see the attached images.
Attachments
MB clip with internal usb.JPG
MB clip with internal usb.JPG (73.35 KiB) Viewed 29 times
MB clip with external usb.JPG
MB clip with external usb.JPG (61.47 KiB) Viewed 29 times

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 am

Re: Disk Full

Post by Mattk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 am

Internal USB not even showing so would appear more than dead? External Verbatim will also have a limited life.

I would be replacing the internal, maybe first confirming what make it is but looks like you may have to pull the board out to check. Boris does have a video on how to replace the internal USB, first need to source an SLC USB of the right physical dimensions, really only needs to be 1Gb but you can get 2's I think? certainly 4Gb and 8Gb max, these are around $25-35/Gb.

I can get you some part#'s if you feel confident enough, these need to be sourced from places like RS Components, Element14 etc, server grade memory.

Colin R
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by Colin R » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:54 am

Mattk wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:43 am
Internal USB not even showing so would appear more than dead? External Verbatim will also have a limited life.

I would be replacing the internal, maybe first confirming what make it is but looks like you may have to pull the board out to check. Boris does have a video on how to replace the internal USB, first need to source an SLC USB of the right physical dimensions, really only needs to be 1Gb but you can get 2's I think? certainly 4Gb and 8Gb max, these are around $25-35/Gb.

I can get you some part#'s if you feel confident enough, these need to be sourced from places like RS Components, Element14 etc, server grade memory.
Hi thanks for the info.

My Meteobridge Pro Red is only a few weeks old. I got it brand new from Davis Instruments Australia on the 26th of February 2019.

I definitely think this is a warranty issue and not something I should have to play around with myself.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:24 am

Re: Disk Full

Post by Mattk » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:27 am

Yes I would agree and only a few weeks old then one would not expect a USB issue? I would want to know how old that MB stock is and if the USB is Intenso or not?

Obviously as the front USB works and the Internal doesn't not then it is some form a USB issue? Something for Boris.

User avatar
admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
Posts: 5641
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:51 pm

Re: Disk Full

Post by admin » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm

First inspection did indicate that it is a hardware issue around the internal USB hub. Sorry. You have a PM.

Post Reply