Error on reboot

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

gfifolt
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Error on reboot

Post by gfifolt » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:10 am

I get this error now after I rebooted device.

MeteoBridge
Router Model TP-Link TL-MR3020 v1
Firmware Version OpenWrt Barrier Breaker r34065 / LuCI Trunk (trunk+svn9415)
Kernel Version 3.3.8

Error: Open file for write failed (/root/meteobridge.conf): No space left on device

How can I fix this?

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Error on reboot

Post by david.delano » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:22 am

I rebooted my MeteoBridge tonight as the result of moving some cables around. I'm having the same problem. I did a hard reboot (5 flashes) and looked like it recovered, but as I started to reconfigure, I got back to the same problem. Help!

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by david.delano » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:24 am

I should add.....when you get in this mode, you can't get past the license screen.

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by david.delano » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 am

I think I'm back up and running by reverting to 3.5. 3.7 seems to be the issue (I didn't try 3.6 as I'm not sure I was ever running it).

I did this by hard booting it.....hold the button down for 5 flashes. When it came back up I went to the System tab and selected to stay at 3.5. Save (important) then reboot. You have to reconfigure everything, but I'm at least up and running with WU. I'll configure more in the morning. I had a saved configuration file, but can't track it down.

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by david.delano » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:26 pm

I tried to update the network settings, and get out of memory errors for other locations. I'm up and reporting data, but can't do anything else. This is not tied to 3.7, but still not sure what is going on. This would be bad if these devices have a limited shelf life that we are hitting.

gfifolt
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by gfifolt » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:38 pm

I flashed the firmware and it's back up and running after going through the config. Running again on 3.7

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by david.delano » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:54 am

We had a huge thunderstorm last night, with the power fluctuating for about an hour, 15 minutes of that completely down. Even though I have things on a UPS, the Meteobridge went down again. It took several hard boots to even get it back to where I have it. I did minimum configuration and haven't touched it. At one point I tried to force it back to 3.2, but it now says it's 3.7. How did you force a reload?

David

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by david.delano » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:14 am

I started making some config updates and rebooted....back to the same problem.

gfifolt
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by gfifolt » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:16 am

I followed the instructions for flashing firmware here https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index. ... g_Hardware

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by david.delano » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:01 am

I misinterpreted your post last night. I thought you'd forced an older version.

I've ordered a new TP-Link, and it should get here tomorrow. In the mean time, I was looking at the instructions on how to bring it up, and decided to try it with the current hardware, which was stuck on the landing page. I went into OpenWRT and found a menu to burn a new image. So, I tried that, and I think it's stable now, though a lot of configuration to go. It came up as 3.2 after the flash, but I was able to load 3.7 and it's running with no problems so far.

I think in conclusion, that these things might have a shelf life. Re-flashing might clean things up and extend that, but I'd had problems about 6 months ago, where it got stuck and wouldn't connect. I ended up wiring it at that point to get it running again. That may have been a sign of problems. This may have been the first reboot since then, as it had been running carefree for quite a while.

I'm going to consider a NANO when they come out.

David

david.delano
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by david.delano » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:01 am

I brought up a new TP-Link today. Took about an hour. Only issue is license key.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:47 am

Has the license been migratd fine in the meantime?