FTP login information not saving

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

patn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

FTP login information not saving

Post by patn » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:59 am

This meteobridge has worked flawlessly for several years. For reasons not worth going into, I had to change the credentials for FTP today. I've tested the credentials with success. this should be very straight forward but when I save the page the credentials revert back to non-working credentials. I have no clue why - or how to fix it.

Please forgive me if this an easy fix -

- pat

patn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: FTP login information not saving

Post by patn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:01 pm

More Info on this:

I've downloaded and reloaded the conf file after removing all the ftp information. It seems to not change anything in the ftp section.

I really want to turn off the ftp ping for a while ... Is there anyway I can get it turn off?

- pat

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:26 pm

patn wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:01 pm
More Info on this:

I've downloaded and reloaded the conf file after removing all the ftp information. It seems to not change anything in the ftp section.

I really want to turn off the ftp ping for a while ... Is there anyway I can get it turn off?

- pat
If the Meteobridge is "very" old, you should suspect the hardware where you intsalled the Meteobridge software on.
Bot my ASUS Meteobridge devices had after 4 year of use, similar problems, the history was not updated and in the end they would not reboot anymore.
So I had to buy an new MB and ask Boris to transfer the licence.

Wim

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:27 pm

wvdkuil wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:26 pm
patn wrote:
More Info on this:

- pat
If the Meteobridge is "very" old, you should suspect the hardware where you intsalled the Meteobridge software on.
Bot my ASUS Meteobridge devices had after 4 year of use, similar problems, the history was not updated and in the end they would not reboot anymore.
So I had to buy a new device to install MB on. And ask Boris to transfer the licence.

Wim

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:51 am

patn wrote:
More Info on this:

- pat
You can disable each of the self-defined services by clicking onto the number and selecting it to be inactive. Done so you have to save settings to make change effective.
If the flash on your Meteobridge device is worn out an error according that writing to "meteobridge.conf" is no longer working. Being there you might consider to get a new hardware.