SMB Default Password

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

SMB Default Password

Post by Mattk » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:35 am

This query is specific to the Nano but I do believe also applies to the MBPro?

Is there a default SMB password and what might that be in relation to? This is a new Nano so SMB password has not been changed. HTTP password has been changed from default but with SMB guest access un-ticked, one can see the data folder but system is requesting a password to go further, none of the Nano's default, HTTP or any combination thereof works, ticking the SMB guest access allows access.

It appears the default SMB password is something very obscure, unworkable or not initially set and requires an initial password to be set before one can access the data folder with guest access un-ticked. Have set SMB password on MBPro's before which does work but then never have worked out how to clear the SMB password and/or reset it to whatever the default might be? I am assuming Nano would be the same?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: SMB Default Password

Post by admin » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:50 pm

Default SMB password should be "meteobridge". When you cannot change that on "system" tab that might be a bug. I will have a look at it. Glad to hear that you can operate it as guest user as a work-around.