nano sd charts

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

pwilman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

nano sd charts

Post by pwilman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Hi,

Now that I am properly up and running I am starting to play with some of the features. I have the SD uploading a 24 hour allinone ISO graph which works fine.

I am now wanting to add in 48 hour, 72 hour, 7 day, 30 day allinone ISO graphs aswell, but not exactly sure how to go about doing it. Experimented a few times. I can create the file OK. Key thing I need to know is:

- what do I select as the file to upload in the drop down menu?
- what template do I use?

I have tried using the template/file "chart-lastchart.html" which is the same as 24 hour iso chart and they seem to be over writing each other.

Any tips on creating/uploading additional charts much appreciated. I have watched the youtube video which is helpful for creating the first chart, just not sure how to create subsequent ones?

Paul

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: nano sd charts

Post by admin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:46 pm

"lastchart.html" is a pointer to the most recently generated chart. The typical flow of service events is to generate a chart at a certain point in time and then to define an upload service that gets triggered by the chart generation event. There is a video that explains how to generate and upload charts in an automated fashion: https://youtu.be/3SHwTYzDBhM

pwilman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by pwilman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:57 pm

Boris,

Thanks for the explanation. Followed all of that (including video) to generate the first chart. I want to create multiple allinone charts for different durations (e.g. 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours) and then all upload them.

I have created the services to generate the charts, and then created the services to FTP the charts when they have been created. I am not sure what template to use or file to upload, as if I use lastchart.html they all overright each other and each file uploaded is the same.

Paul

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:46 pm

Yes, that is to be expected.
Can you please insert a screen dump of your event services definitions? At the moment I just can guess what you did exactly.

pwilman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by pwilman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:42 am

Boris,

Here is a screen shot of my settings. I have a folder on my webserver called Nano which is where I have the charts loaded into.

Thanks for helpin me out.

Paul
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 07.44.17.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 07.44.17.png (63.84 KiB) Viewed 90 times

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:10 am

Are the same exact identical time frames conflicting?

ConligWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:19 pm

I think the latest fix is now in place by Boris:

Version 3.8
released December 9, 2018
  • Meteobridge PRO & NANO: improves tests for WiFi connection issues and rebuilding WiFi connection if needed.
  • Meteobridge PRO & NANO SD: shows data overview graphs on "History" tab in imperial units, when "imperial" flag is marked.
  • Meteobridge PRO & NANO SD: improves handling of "lastchart.html" pointer, which now can handle generation and FTP upload of multiple charts at same point in time (as long as FTP uploads are directly triggered by a chart generation event).

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:52 pm

When setting the "delete" mark, cascaded chart generation and upload events did not work. The just released update should support that. Please reboot the Meteobridge and give it a test drive.

pwilman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by pwilman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:25 pm

Boris,

Thanks for fixing, works perfectly.

Paul

pwilman
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by pwilman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Very quick question on the charts.....when does the cummulative rainfall get reset back to zero? I had assumed it would be at the start of each day, i.e. midnight, but it mine continue to accumulate....?

See www.paulwilman.com/graphs.php

Would be nice to reset at midnight if possible...or do they reset at the end of the month?

Paul

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 am

In the graphs it is cumulated over the period you selected. I thought that is obvious.