test5m warnings.

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

ConligWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

test5m warnings.

Post by ConligWX » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:09 pm

looking at meteobridhe nano messages I see this:

test5m (08.12.2018 13:36:26): Disconnected from the Internet, try to connect again.
test5m (08.12.2018 13:41:26): Disconnected from the Internet, try to connect again.
test5m (08.12.2018 14:01:22): Disconnected from the Internet, try to connect again.

my internet connection has not dropped, so why am I seeing them? is this a buggy script?
Last edited by ConligWX on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: test5m warnings.

Post by admin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:50 pm

I added a feature that tests every 5 minutes if the Meteobridge can still reach the Internet. If that fails, your router does not reach out to the Internet or the Meteobridge WiFi connection to your router is not responding as expected. Having detected this situation Meteobridge rebuilds the WLAN connection and drops a message in the messages log.

bardek
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: test5m warnings. **solved**

Post by bardek » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:12 pm

does it solve problem when Nano SD loose WLAN (temporal Access Point failure or so) connection and does not reconnect?
In such situation only reboot fixed the problem.

ConligWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:40 am

admin wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:50 pm
I added a feature that tests every 5 minutes if the Meteobridge can still reach the Internet. If that fails, your router does not reach out to the Internet or the Meteobridge WiFi connection to your router is not responding as expected. Having detected this situation Meteobridge rebuilds the WLAN connection and drops a message in the messages log.
think I may have found an issue. One of my my Ubiquiti AC-Pro's is on is the same as the Meteobridge-xxxxxx broadcast (Channel 6). is there anyway of turning this SSID off from transmitting? or is it on forever even though it is not joined to my local network.

ConligWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: test5m warnings. **solved**

Post by ConligWX » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 am

Just looking at a Wifi Analyzer.

Meteorbidge is transmitting on a 40Mhz band. is there anyway I can reduce this to a 20mhz along with its power output?
Screenshot_20181208-235014.jpg
Screenshot_20181208-235014.jpg (43.42 KiB) Viewed 67 times
as you see Meteobridge Nano is crossing multiple bands with 40mhz and transmitting near max power too. I'd like to turn this off (factory reset would enable it again) or at least lower its power output and down to 20mhz band and be able to slect a channel if possible

this will be interfering with wifi throughput and possible loss of connection.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:53 am

I am happy with the setup SSID showing, disconnected and password changed, this does serve a purpose and the last thing I would want to be doing is a default reset just to get to the initial setup page.

ConligWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:02 pm

There are a number of nano resets all listed in the manual
When NANO is stuck at blinking fast or LED is steady on you can do some reset operations by pressing
the small blue button on the NANO board next to the pin header. Which operation is triggered by pressing
the button is determined by how long you keep the button pressed. When pressing down the button the
LED will go off and will then start blinking slowly. You can now select a special reset operation by
keeping the button pressed until a specific number of blinks is done. These are the reset options to choose
• Release button before first blink: NANO will indicate its IP by blink sequences. Please read
www.meteobridge.com “getting started” section to learn how to read the blinks.
• Release button at first blink: Resets password of WiFi access point that the NANO provides for
initial login. Password is set to “meteobridge” und NANO is rebooted.
• Release button at second blink: Resets HTTP password to “meteobridge” and reboots.
• Release button at fifth blink: Reset NANO to factory defaults (all settings are lost) and reboot.
I'm sure a reset could be created to return the initial WiFi logon page if needed.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:31 pm

I get your point, but I am more concerned that many users have severe problems making use of these complicated reset procedures. I don't find it complicated, but the amount of support requests I get on it indicate the opposite.

Therefore, there is actual no plan to cut-off the ability to login to the WiFi of the NANO to change WiFi client settings.

ConligWX
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:22 pm

ok no worries, is there anyway of changing the ssid not to broadcast a 40mhz range, and use 20mhz instead?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:13 pm

If that is to special importance for you, you can change the line "HT_BW=1" in file /etc/wireless/mt7628/mt7628.dat" to "HT_BW=0". But be aware that your NANO will render useless when you mess up this file.