Dead nano-sd?

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Tugrik
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Dead nano-sd?

Post by Tugrik » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:21 am

I bought a Nano SD back in January (with one of the recommended SD cards). It setup perfectly, ran as expected for most of the month. The built in web page templates were really cool.

However, now and then it would reset itself for no reason. While the main functions seemed to work, all the customizations in the template would reset back to their factory defaults.

Then, two weeks ago, it simply stopped working. It blinks red - 5 seconds on, one second off - endlessly. I've reseated it in the Vantage Pro, I've removed the SD card and tried running without it, I've put the SD card back in, always the same.

The instructions on how to reset to factory fresh config by holding the little blue button down and waiting five blinks does nothing; pressing the button has absolutely no effect on the 5-seconds-on / 1-second-off red blink pattern.

This thing is less than two months old. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---

FYI I used the TP-link meteobridge for many years prior to this upgrade, and have since given it away to another amateur radio hobbyist for them to play with, so I'm a long time supporter. Just bummed my new hardware seems to be dead.

weatherist34
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Dead nano-sd?

Post by weatherist34 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Tugrik wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:21 am
I bought a Nano SD back in January (with one of the recommended SD cards). It setup perfectly, ran as expected for most of the month. The built in web page templates were really cool.

However, now and then it would reset itself for no reason. While the main functions seemed to work, all the customizations in the template would reset back to their factory defaults.

Then, two weeks ago, it simply stopped working. It blinks red - 5 seconds on, one second off - endlessly. I've reseated it in the Vantage Pro, I've removed the SD card and tried running without it, I've put the SD card back in, always the same.

The instructions on how to reset to factory fresh config by holding the little blue button down and waiting five blinks does nothing; pressing the button has absolutely no effect on the 5-seconds-on / 1-second-off red blink pattern.

This thing is less than two months old. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---

FYI I used the TP-link meteobridge for many years prior to this upgrade, and have since given it away to another amateur radio hobbyist for them to play with, so I'm a long time supporter. Just bummed my new hardware seems to be dead.
probably a predictable answer but contact the supplier and get it exchanged , get yourself another tplink to fall back on always keep one handy in the event of things like this happening... unless boris has the magic answer ...brian G7LIJ not qrv...

staze
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by staze » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 pm

for the tplink fallback option, is there a way to re-use the same license that the Nano SD has on it (so you don't have to maintain dual licenses)?
Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:25 am

That would be a query for Boris? But I would imagine No, they are 2 separate devices license wise based on their individual MAC addresses with the tplink also having a different license structure

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:45 pm

License transfer between NANOs, PROs and regular Meteobridge is not supported. transfers within product family are fine.
Did you try placing batteries in the console (to rule out power brown outs)?