Issues with Open Weather Map (API v3.0)

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

pigge
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Issues with Open Weather Map (API v3.0)

Post by pigge » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:29 pm

I've been having issues prior to the upgrade to API v3.0 so i decided to try my luck with this new support for v3.0, so i tried updating the information in Meteobridge, and clicked save, and gave everything about one hour to get some data from my Meteobridge in to OpenWeatherMap, but when i requested station data through the API with a GET, i had no reported data, so i decided to restart (almost) completely.

i deleted my old stations (i had 3 due to old mistakes) using DELETE in the API, then i regenerating a station with POST in the API, but my Meteobridge wouldn't update the value in the "Station ID" field to my new ID, i tried to disable the "Open Weather Map" data upload, hoping it would clear it's settings by setting the "Upload interval" to "no upload" with no success, i deleted my API key and regenerated a new one, then created a new weather station in the API and set my Meteobridge to use this new API key, but Meteobridge still insists on using the old "Station ID"

what also happened was that Meteobridge automatically created a new station in OpenWeatherMap on every data update with "external_id" in the format as: meteobridge-<my mac address (with dashes)>

is there a way to get Meteobridge to clear it's config for OpenWeatherMap?

BigAlT
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Issues with Open Weather Map (API v3.0)

Post by BigAlT » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:35 am

I also created an Openweathermap station Id on my NanoSD. After waiting several days I also attempted to obtain my weather station info using a GET. It returned with no data.
I also did a Get on my stations using my api ID and discovered that like you, my nanoSD is also creating multiple station IDs. I’m now starting to believe that the NanoSD is not actually uploading data to Openweathermap at all or if it is, is uploading to the different station IDs it creates. I believe that it creates a new station ID every time I log in to my nanoSD rather than every time it sends data to OWM since there would be more station IDs ( I currently have 6 created by my nanoSD and 1 I created myself ). I’m going to have to delete all of the nanoSD stations manually whenever they finally get the upload issues resolved so that there is only 1 station which the NanoSD actually uploads information to.
My feeling is that they should have you create your own station ID manually and physically enter it into your nanoSD rather than having your nanoSD create it as this is obviously causing issues.
The info on the Meteobridge wiki release log for the March 24 release states “ Support for this rather complicated and complicated to use weather network is still experimental.“ This may explain the problems we’re both having.

BigAlT
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by BigAlT » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:29 pm

Because the NanoSD isn’t working with Openweathermap at all, I’ve removed it as a Weather Network from my NanoSD and deleted the 8 separate weather station IDs it created on the OpenWeathermap api. It’s definitely “ experimental “ and not ready for prime time.

pigge
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by pigge » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:05 pm

Yes, it is new so i would expect issues with the implementation. I on the other hand think it's a "nice to have" to get the meteobridge to create the station in OWM for you, since there are people which might not feel comfortable with curl or API's in general..
and to clearify my situation, i dont have a nano, i have a Meteobridge Pro

BigAlT
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by BigAlT » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:02 am

I agree that having your Meteobridge create the station Id is easier ( it took me a while to finally figure how to configure my http client to send calls to openweathermap to create and delete stations and request weather data etc ( as the examples on their website are not complete ). However, this procedure is part of the problems we’re encountering. I note with interest that we’ve had no response from Admin acknowledging the issues and when they might be fixed.