Moderator: Mattk

woolfg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Clarification on Meteobridge Pro and Davis Console sensors

Post by woolfg » Wed May 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi

I need some help here I am having real problems sorting out my sensors
My Meteobridge Pro is connected to my Davis Console and ISS using the internal RF - the only other connection int the Meteobridge is to my LAN

Firstly I have been doing some Cumulus data importing and I understand the pressure goes to thb0press

The Problem that I have is this

These are my tbhb0press readings

pressure.jpg
pressure.jpg (37.7 KiB) Viewed 166 times

And these are my thb09press readings

pressure2.jpg
pressure2.jpg (28.02 KiB) Viewed 166 times

The problem is none of these readings are the same as the Davis Console pressure readout on the screen which is different by a few millibars

Are any of the sensors shown above coming from the Davis or is the console readout ignored

I would love to know the answer

Thanks

Graham

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Clarification on Meteobridge Pro and Davis Console sensors

Post by Mattk » Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Using RF then your MB is either connected to your ISS (directly) or connected through your Console via the console re-transmit, it can not be connected to both (as such). Either way the MB is not reading pressure from the Console using RF

woolfg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by woolfg » Wed May 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply

I assume then that even if I use RF via console then it won't read the Davis console pressure.

My second question is then assuming the thb0press and thb9press are onboard the Meteobridge why is there a difference of nearly 5mb in the pressure reading between the two sensors and why are the readings so different from the Davis console reading when they are both in the same vicinity.

Graham

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed May 15, 2019 11:57 pm

I assume then that even if I use RF via console then it won't read the Davis console pressure.
Yes via RF the MB really doesn't know the console exists, threats it as an ISS

Pressure difference? User config can affect this, have you checked the Barometer settings, Station Elevation, Sea Level etc for the Console as well as the local MB settings/Correction (bottom of station Tab)?

woolfg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by woolfg » Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am

Hi Mattk

I have set everything to zero as shown here and still have a 6mb difference between the two sensors
1.jpg
1.jpg (36.33 KiB) Viewed 141 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 141 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (27.86 KiB) Viewed 141 times
The only thing I haven't done is reset the elevation setting on my davis console - would that have an impact

Regards

Graham

Ag2000CO
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Ag2000CO » Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 am

woolfg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am
The only thing I haven't done is reset the elevation setting on my davis console - would that have an impact
Yes. For any given location, the pressure decreases as the elevation (altitude) increases. For example, that is why airplanes are pressurized.
To get the correct pressure reading, you need to adjust the elevation on both your Davis console and your MS Pro.

You should use the elevation of the console/MB PRO.
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.

woolfg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by woolfg » Fri May 17, 2019 10:00 am

Ag2000CO wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:07 am
woolfg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am
Yes. For any given location, the pressure decreases as the elevation (altitude) increases. For example, that is why airplanes are pressurized.
To get the correct pressure reading, you need to adjust the elevation on both your Davis console and your MS Pro.

You should use the elevation of the console/MB PRO.
Hi

With respect I think you are missing the point of the thread . My problem is why two sensors on the same device show a difference of 6mb which is way more than any elevations settings would account for. The difference between the tbh0press and tbh0seapress is correct for my elevation - its the 6mb difference between tbh0press and tbh9press that is the problem

Regards

Graham

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat May 18, 2019 10:04 am

Calibrate the th0press on "Station" tab to your liking and you are fine. Sensors do differ, no way around this and this is the reason for being able to calibrate. I have no influence on BMP180 data accuracy and don't do individual adjustments as the user can do easily to exactly fit their reference pressure source.