Problems with the WLAN at Meteobridge NANO SD

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

tofe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Problems with the WLAN at Meteobridge NANO SD

Post by tofe » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 pm

Good evening from Switzerland

I've already successfully deployed a Meteobridge PRO, a Meteobridge NANO (in a console) and a Meteobridge NANO SD (in a console).

For a week I have a Meteobridge NANO SD (in an Envoy, red cable, with 1A power supply, SD card was included in the purchase) and I have problems from the beginning with the wireless. I have already removed the batteries many times and removed the power supply and waited 5 minutes. Total I have already made 5 Reset (5x flashing).

The problem is that the fixed assigned IP address (definitely unique address), partially not saved and the network name meteobridge is displayed. Then it is only possible to log in via the meteobridge WLAN (192.168.169.1). After some time, the log in works on the fixed IP, the meteobridge WLAN is no longer displayed. Later, the Meteobridge NANO SD can not be reached via fixed IP or meteobridge WLAN. If it was reachable and logging in, the Wi-Fi connection was very slow, at least 10 times slower than any other Meteobridges available.

The LED is constantly red. The software I once had the 4.0 of 01.06.2019, but also the last of 3.9, always the same behavior.

Currently, the Meteobridge NANO SD is no longer available, either from the fixed IP or the metobridge WLAN.

Is this a hardware problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
Tobias

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Problems with the WLAN at Meteobridge NANO SD

Post by ConligWX » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:09 am

The Meteobridge WLAN is disabled after 15 minutes of Internet connectivity.

ie: once the Nano picks up a DHCP assigned IP address on your LAN and it does a test every 5 minutes to check if an external website is available the WLAN is then disabled.

if the internet site cannot be contacted then it re-enables the WLAN again.

If you cannot contact the NANO with the assigned address, then there is something wrong with DHCP.

can you confirm you have a static assigned address to the NANO (via your DHCP server) that is outside of the DHCP scope but using the same network address range and subnet.

or have you manually assigned one in the Meteobridge Webgui. if it is in the GUI, then you have most likely assigned the ip address incorrectly or gateway/subnet is incorrect.

you will most likely need to restart the nano manually. connect to the Nano WLAN, disable Static IP, and let DHCP assign the ip/network addressing.

tofe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tofe » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:17 pm

Good evening simon

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
The first couple of hours, the meteobridge NANO SD is reached via the static IP, then suddenly not more. When I remove the power cord and the batteries, wait a short time and then connect again, restart the meteobridge NANO SD and can be reached again for a few hours via static IP. However, the connection is very, very slow compared to the other meteobrests I've been using.

Even if it is no longer accessible via static IP, the data is uploaded as defined via FTP to my server. Pingbar is the NANO SD sometimes, sometimes not.

What could be this behavior, what can I do about it?

Greetings and best thanks
Tobias

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:21 am

Hi Tobias

have you many WiFi devices on you network? is there good signal strength to the Nano ? Anything that maybe interfering with the signal? have you tried changing channels. 1, 6 and 11 (or 13) are preferable. you may have other neighbouring WiFi networks that are affecting your own WiFi signal?

do you have many Services running on the Nano? maybe the CPU is overloaded? how many entries do you have?

I have 17 entries of Services, and 10 Weather Networks reporting.

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:05 pm

PS, are you using one of the recommended SD cards?

These are the currently supported microSD cards:
  • swissbit SFSD1024N1BM1TO-I-DF-221-STD (microSD Card, 1 GB, SLC Flash, -40°C - 85°C)
  • swissbit SFSD2048N1BM1MT-I-ME-221-STD (microSD Card, 2 GB, SLC Flash, -40°C - 85°C)
  • swissbit SFSD2048N1BM1MT-E-ME-221-STD (microSD Card, 2 GB, SLC Flash, -25°C - 85°C)
  • ATP AF2GUDI (microSD Card, 2 GB, SLC Flash, -40°C – 80°C)
  • Cactus KS2GRIT-803M (microSD Card, 2 GB, SLC Flash, -45°C – 90°C)
  • Panasonic SMSC02DA1 (microSD Card, 2 GB, SLC Flash, -40°C - 85°C)
  • Apacer MSD02GIDI-T (microSD Card, 2 GB, SLC Flash)

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:17 pm

When the LED goes to steady on, you should be fine. Did you test if it might just not take the IP you gave but operates fine on one given via DHCP from your router? You can test this with an IP scanner in your WLAN or by accessing the NANO SD via the remote link (this needs you to enable the remote feature on system tab first).

Ag2000CO
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by Ag2000CO » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:06 pm

You can test this with an IP scanner in your WLAN
The routers I am familiar with give a list of the assigned DHCP IP's.
Lou
Say what you will about Sisyphus. He always has work.