Nano SD - No Local Dashboard

This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

MikeD
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Nano SD - No Local Dashboard

Post by MikeD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:43 pm

I have a new Nano SD - all working fine except I cannot get the local dashboard to work. When I click the "local display" link I just get a "The requested URL /PWS/index.php was not found on this server." message. Is there some other setting I need to do other than activating the local dashboard in the Weathernets tab?

Cheers MikeD

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Nano SD - No Local Dashboard

Post by ConligWX » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:56 pm

I take it you have DarkSky and Metar key fields populated? if so try a reboot first of all just in case something stalled.

MikeD
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by MikeD » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Yes. I have those fields filled and rebooted. It has this message in the Live Data tab ”Dashboard Update : 2019-08-10 21:44:24 Error: 2019-08-10 21:44:24 (no more tries)"

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:58 pm

the no more tries sounds like the darksky limit has been reached. this was fixed in a version a few weeks back are you running the most recent version of MB?

as of today: Meteobridge 4.0 (Aug 10 2019, build 2230), FW 1.3

released July 7, 2019
  • Meteobridge NANO SD: changes update of local HomeWeatherStation Dashboard in a way that external APIs are only requested every 10 minutes. It just needs a reboot to have this update installed. Please give it a few minutes to download (short flashing LED indicates download of dashboard files).
before this Darksky was hitting the MAX free APIs per day = 1000 very quickly.

not sure if that log you have shown is because of that issue however.

MikeD
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by MikeD » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:21 am

I did a factory reset and confirmed I have the latest firmware. Still no dashboard. I tried enabling the dashboard with both the Dark Sky and Metar fields populated and unpopulated and still get the no more tries error in both cases.
Should the weather 34 templates appear in the SD card files?
I can access the charts both locally and remotely so I assume the server is working.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:19 am

Looks like the dashboard did just install partly. Being in that state it thinks the dashboard code is fully loaded, but it is not.
You can fix that by calling: "http://ip-of-your-meteobridge/cgi-bin/system.cgi?rm /tmp/mnt/PWS/version"

This removes the version marker so that Meteobridge does think on next reboot, that dashboard needs to be installed. Please be patient on reboot, Meteobridge will be in LED pulse mode for a while (while downloading and installing dashboard) before the LED turns steady on.

MikeD
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by MikeD » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:39 am

Thank you very much. All working now. :D

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:25 pm

I just released a version that adds a "Reset" button in the HWS Dashboard section to allow a reinstall of the dashboard more easy.