Weather34 MB-SMART NANOSD TEMPLATE

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

Taylor
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Weather34 MB-SMART NANOSD TEMPLATE

Post by Taylor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:01 am

Hi, I have found several typos in solaralmanac.php

line 122:

Code: Select all

echo "<div class='uvtoday4-5'>",$weather["solarymax"] . "</value>";}
should be:

echo "<div class='uvtoday4-5'>",$weather["solarydmax"] . "</value>";}
line 173 and 174:

else if ($weather["solarydmax"]>=300)  {
	echo "<div class='uvtoday4-5'>",$weather["solarYmax"] . "</value>";} 
should be:

else if ($weather["solarymax"]>=300)  {
It caused issue that year max solar radiation value was shown in yesterday max solar radiation field, but only for values between 300 and 500 W/m2 :-)

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:26 am

Taylor wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:01 am
Hi, I have found several typos in solaralmanac.php

line 122:

should be:

echo "<div class='uvtoday4-5'>",$weather["solarydmax"] . "</value>";}
line 173 and 174:

else if ($weather["solarydmax"]>=300)  {
	echo "<div class='uvtoday4-5'>",$weather["solarYmax"] . "</value>";} 
should be:

else if ($weather["solarymax"]>=300)  {
It caused issue that year max solar radiation value was shown in yesterday max solar radiation field, but only for values between 300 and 500 W/m2 :-)
many thanks just updated file ..
taylor.png
taylor.png (46.78 KiB) Viewed 150 times

ToTo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ToTo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:35 am

In the screenshot I marked areas that are not currently translated into the selected language. Maybe this texts variable can be added to the language file?

Furthermore I would like to see the amount of rain in the glass not displayed in blue(for falling water) when there is no rain on the day?
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (165.75 KiB) Viewed 141 times
PWS Magdeburg - Germany - https://wetter.de.cool MB-Smart

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:01 am

New for version 1.07A

alternative slimmed console/tablet display as a permanent alternative display to the actual vp2 console or alike .

I used two old https://apple-history.com/ipad_mini iPad mini circa 2011 I picked up really cheap if you look for the older obsolete models https://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPad-min ... SwBrRd3j7f
these are pretty much obsolete in terms of upgradeable software but all you need is the wireless access and the browser.

inside the zip there is a folder called console inside there is a file called consoledavis.php it has simple setup screen to set your metric/languages and the path to the MBrealtimeupload.txt just as you would in main template. This alternative view is very very small on resources as it as no charts , no forecast, no api etc it just displays realtime data with a few history data values.

I have setup both one on my computer desk shelf and one on our balcony , whilst I have never had a problem with the actual VP2 console I kind of like its solidness but its never viewed it just acts a provider to the NANOSD upload .

So find a cheap tablet be it a cheap obsolete iPad mini or cheap Android based tablet (check the android tablet works in landscape mode my sister in law has one that doesn't ! )

it supports the standard template languages and metrics you set them individually so you can mix and match . it has no menu system so the settings are fixed. it is not a replacement for template and it will not support anything other than realtime data from your NANOSD .

so some poorly taken photos one iPad mini mounted on window and a iPad mini on diy stand :-) of course some screenshots

app coming in 2020

Last edited by weatherist34 on Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:06 am

ToTo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:35 am
In the screenshot I marked areas that are not currently translated into the selected language. Maybe this texts variable can be added to the language file?

Furthermore I would like to see the amount of rain in the glass not displayed in blue(for falling water) when there is no rain on the day?
if you want translations done please provide correct words to use I don't speak or understand anything but English or Turkish and I certainly don't trust google translator to use, Im very sorry not doing anymore design elements with rain its just a quick reference an alternative for those not using a sensor for UV index or Solar . Brian

ToTo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ToTo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 am

I have translated it all the texts in German languages file. But the marked texts are not translatable with the current language files.

greetings
Torsten

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:22 am

ToTo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:18 am
I have translated it all the texts in German languages file. But the marked texts are not translatable with the current language files.

greetings
Torsten
send the file or is it the same one you sent last week or so ?. ill try and do it but it needs crosschecking to work in all languages not a 5 minute job todo takes a lot of time and likelihood other languages don't have the translations. I reiterate I dislike working with languages when it comes to design often it can break everything in terms of appearance can look fine in one language then awful in another.

ToTo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ToTo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:40 am

Yes is same file from last week. I think the marked words has no language placeholder in the php code.

ToTo
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by ToTo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 am

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:01 am
New for version 1.07A

alternative slimmed console/tablet display as a permanent alternative display to the actual vp2 console or alike .
Very nice idea, i will test it on my new iPad Pro :mrgreen:

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:47 am

ToTo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:40 am
Yes is same file from last week. I think the marked words has no language placeholder in the php code.
ok I will take a look tomorrow and see if I can use them..many thanks

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 pm

ToTo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 am
weatherist34 wrote:
New for version 1.07A

it is fine on iPad Pro I have one its my main tool when I'm traveling to and throw just bought a keyboard and bluetooth mouse for it last week in the Black Friday sales no longer do I need a MacBook but don't think my wife would be to keen on sticking an iPad Pro as a permanent display just for weather...

prestwickwx
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by prestwickwx » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:14 am

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 pm
ToTo wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:44 am
weatherist34 wrote:
New for version 1.07A

it is fine on iPad Pro I have one its my main tool when I'm traveling to and throw just bought a keyboard and bluetooth mouse for it last week in the Black Friday sales no longer do I need a MacBook but don't think my wife would be to keen on sticking an iPad Pro as a permanent display just for weather...
Brian,
I have a few old tablets around and I will give this a try. Looks like a nice clean way to display "quick glance" info. Look forward to the MAC app.

Chuck

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am

hello chuck

the web version try it out for now , in mid to late January if you want to try out the APPS ill send a link along via email. there almost identical in appearance but as a few optional buttons to use . My nephew is loaning me a Android Tablet so I have a better chance of getting it right .

@Toto Torsten I added a few changes this morning to the alternative layout version i.e last rainfall, corrected wind direction in languages but I couldn't see the reference in the language file for the Lo Hi Max Min etc I found the moon phases but looks like they break up the alignment as I guessed but give me some time I will sort it out sooner or later..

the live demo of the alternative layout is viewable here http://singaporeweather.info/console/consoledavis.php
I always rely on Lars site in Singapore because he is in a location where I don't always see some variables often the opposite of my seasonal data .

prestwickwx
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by prestwickwx » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:25 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am
hello chuck

the web version try it out for now , in mid to late January if you want to try out the APPS ill send a link along via email. there almost identical in appearance but as a few optional buttons to use . My nephew is loaning me a Android Tablet so I have a better chance of getting it right .

@Toto Torsten I added a few changes this morning to the alternative layout version i.e last rainfall, corrected wind direction in languages but I couldn't see the reference in the language file for the Lo Hi Max Min etc I found the moon phases but looks like they break up the alignment as I guessed but give me some time I will sort it out sooner or later..

the live demo of the alternative layout is viewable here http://singaporeweather.info/console/consoledavis.php
I always rely on Lars site in Singapore because he is in a location where I don't always see some variables often the opposite of my seasonal data .
Brian,
Looks great! One thing I noticed is the <meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes"> does not seem to be working, for me. I save the page to home screen via Safari, but it will not go full screen. I think I read somewhere about later versions IOS ignoring this in favor of a manifest reference. I will check into it further.

Thanks for the minimalist alternative.

Chuck

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:44 pm

good day chuck

web app version just use the add to home screen , the IOS app version itself just runs in full screen I hope to have it ready sometime in January , I finished the Android version this afternoon almost just got to adjust the colors for some reason the Android produces a tinted dark blue background .

screenshot of using your url on iPad to add to home screen then it opens up with browser bar
chuck.jpg
chuck.jpg (99.61 KiB) Viewed 26 times