Uploading to Ambient?

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

superduty
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Uploading to Ambient?

Post by superduty » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:30 pm

I saw on the Ambient page the following:

"Staring October 24, 2019, you can now search and share your weather station data with the public.

Anyone can create an account, even if you do not own a weather station, and send email and text alerts from your favorites."

I get an error that my Ambient network is expired. Not sure what I am doing wrong. MB asks for MAC address and looks like it autofills the MAC address and I can't change it.

I am able to log in at the Ambient page with a username and pswd.

galfert
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Uploading to Ambient?

Post by galfert » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:54 am

Meteobridge can only upload to Ambientweather.net if you have purchased the Ambientweather.net license ($160). Or if you have an Ambient version of the Meteobridge that is called WeatherBridge then that already comes with the required license.

Ambient"s announcement has nothing to do with you uploading data. The announcement is just saying that anyone can create an account and search and see data from licensed stations.

Bottom line is that Ambientweather.net uploading of weather data is only for licensed stations (their branded hardware or a Meteobridge with added license).
MR3020 v1
GW1000

superduty
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by superduty » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:04 am

gus,

Thank you for clarifying. I used to have their hub until they cut off service. Unless they offer a free service I don't plan on paying them for anything.

galfert
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by galfert » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 pm

I'm not following your response as it doesn't make sense. What did you have before that you are calling a hub? Cut off service? To what?

If you have anything from Ambient then it is free to upload to ambientweather.net forever. Ambient has never cut off service to anything. You only have to pay if you want to bring your own Meteobridge into their service upload network.

What brand/model station are you using now? And what exactly did you have before?

EDIT: From your other posts I've learned you have a Davis station. Therefore I'm still confused on what you mean that you had their [Ambient] hub before and that they cut off service? They cut off service to what? Ambient has not cut off service to anyone of their devices. Ambientweather.net license is for ever. There is no renewal.

Maybe you had an Acurite hub before as that is a device that recently had services cut off. But that is Acurite not Ambient, totally different companies. I'm not aware that Ambient ever had anything called a hub. I really have no idea what you could be referring to. Both companies start with the letter A and maybe you confused them?
MR3020 v1
GW1000