This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

Rennpferd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Sending data for Weather Nets often stops **solved**

Post by Rennpferd » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:50 pm

Hello experts,

sending data for "Weather Nets" stops. I only configured one service (more precisely: Weather Underground). Sending data stops for no reason, I thought.

I've analyzed it for a while. I found that it always happened after sending an email.

Under "Services" I have some "Event Definition". If a condition is met and an email is sent, sending data to Weather Underground stops afterwards.

The mail is still being sent, otherwise the meteobridge is still working, just send no data to Weather Underground.

If i want to look at the meteobridge user interface it freezes and shows no reaction. only switching off the power supply then helps.

Does somebody has any idea?

Storage ATP: Internal 864 MB total, 835 MB free (3% used)
SW version: Meteobridge 4.2 (Dec 11 2019, build 13290), FW 1.4

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sending data for Weather Nets often stops

Post by admin » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:52 pm

When no fresh data is coming in from your weather station, Meteobridge stops uploading data to weather networks. Does "Live Data" tab show fresh data for all sensors?

Rennpferd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Rennpferd » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:40 pm

I can't watch the error right now because I'm trying something different.

However, I assume that the weather station will continue to provide fresh data. I also send data via an HTTP request every minute. There were no errors sending via the HTTP request. I am assuming that data can still be seen in "Live Data".

I am a new Meteobridge PRO user and would like to get to know the content of the variables. My mail template is long with many variables that are reported.

In order to clarify this error, I have reduced the mail template. It currently contains one line of text. It hasn't happened since then.

It is interesting that when I test with the "Test" button (and the long mail template) I get the correct message "Event # xy has been triggered manually" and the error has not yet happened.

Only when it was sent automatically did it happen so far.

Is there a way to see an internal detailed log when it happens again?

I (re) activate the long template again and wait what happens.

Is it a difference if I enter the field "Subj # Body:" myself with the template name or have it selected via the selection?

Rennpferd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by Rennpferd » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:59 pm

I didn't have to wait long for it to happen again. The sending to WU stopped at 3:33 am on January 8th, 2020. Before and after this time, the meteorite successfully sends emails. The mail at 3:33 am probably triggered the error?

Here I show the state that shows up at 9:20 the next morning.

Here you can see the stopping of all data:
wu.jpg
wu.jpg (86 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Here you can see "Live Data" at 9:21 am, so data continues to come from the station even after the error.
live_data.jpg
live_data.jpg (133.11 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Here you can see the messages. At 3:37 there are entries, shortly after stopping what is happening in the system.
messages.png
messages.png (410.14 KiB) Viewed 274 times

With an HTTP request I send a few system variables to a monitoring system every 5 minutes. There you can see that at the time when the RAM value rises sharply. I think that's why the system data for sending and receiving was reset.
system_monitor.png
system_monitor.png (341.4 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Here you can see that the processing of data and the sending of the HTTP request continues and data also comes from the weather station (here data shown by the wind).
One fact is special: the maximum value for the wind per day is rest on 0:00. At the time of the error, it is also reset. The max value can only go up or stay the same over the course of the day, but never get lower!
monitor_wind_data.png
monitor_wind_data.png (307.17 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Finally, the status of Wether Nets. There are only green checks.

It looks like an internal service is generating errors under certain circumstances, not always, but often.

If I just restart the system everything works again ...

I think that's some interesting information.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Can you please give me a remote login? info(at)meteobridge.com
I would like to check if some of your services is filling up RAM until operations are blocked and unit finally reboots.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Sending data for Weather Nets often stops **solved**

Post by admin » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:10 pm

This should be solved with todays update.

Rennpferd
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Sending data for Weather Nets often stops **solved**

Post by Rennpferd » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:07 am

Yes that's right. With the version from 12.01.2020 it is OK. I have no more breaks. Thanks for the quick help.