WEATHERBRIDGE Not working with WeatherLink **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

QC91
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

WEATHERBRIDGE Not working with WeatherLink **solved**

Post by QC91 »

Hi, we have the WeatherBridge on are WiFi Network, we have Davis Vantage Pro2 with data logger we have the USB going to Belkin Travel 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub at is plug into the WeatherBridge, we have logged to the WeatherBridge we can see all the data from the Vantage Pro2 but when we try to connect via WeatherLink Communication TCP/IP with Port 22222 we keep getting Device not Found, we use the IP address of the WeatherBridge, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: WEATHERBRIDGE Not working with WeatherLink

Post by Mattk »

What are you trying to connect to, WeatherBridge or the VP2? Port 22222 typically is used for a WeatherLinkIP logger and you are using USB logger.

QC91
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by QC91 »

Hi, Mattk I'm trying to connect to the VP2 via my Desktop PC we are on the same network, I wanted to use my Davis WeatherLink Software so I can save my data locally, thanks for the help

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk »

Is your Weatherbridge Red or Black?

wvdkuil
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by wvdkuil »

QC91 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:23 am
Hi, we have the WeatherBridge on are WiFi Network, we have Davis Vantage Pro2 with data logger we have the USB going to Belkin Travel 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub at is plug into the WeatherBridge, we have logged to the WeatherBridge we can see all the data from the Vantage Pro2 but when we try to connect via WeatherLink Communication TCP/IP with Port 22222 we keep getting Device not Found, we use the IP address of the WeatherBridge, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
99.9% of the times the "pass-thru" works out of the box. I always use it to test different weather-programs.
It never works with WeatherLink on a Mac as it does not support that.

This 'Device not found" message sometimes occurs when the PC and the Meteobridge are not on the same "WiFi accespoint".
F.i. when the Meteobridge is cabled to the router and the PC/laptop is on a WiFi access-point.

To check this out, connect the Meteobrtidge and the PC/laptop to the same router/switch, if possible both with a cable.
The Meteobridge should be seen the same as other devices on your network.
Set the network trust level as high as possible in windows network settings
Check if you can "ping" the Meteobridge from the PC/laptop and if you can open the Meteobridge in a browser on the same pc as weatherlink
Update Weatherlink to the latest release.

If all fails double check the ip-address and 22222 , then try another laptop.
It should work, it always does.

Wim
Support for Leuven-Template & Scripts at https://support.leuven-template.eu/
Support for the PWS_Dashboard (HWS-template) https://pwsdashboard.com/

QC91
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by QC91 »

Thank you everyone I will give it try, also this the WEATHERBRIDGE we have is white https://www.ambientweather.com/amweatherbridge.html

QC91
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by QC91 »

I directly connected to the router via ethernet but the weather link is still not working, I get "Device not found" I'm using the IP address of the Meteobridge I will send screenshots, I also did a Factory reset

Thanks
Attachments
5.JPG
5.JPG (86.71 KiB) Viewed 792 times
4.png
4.png (103.76 KiB) Viewed 792 times
3.png
3.png (114.54 KiB) Viewed 792 times
2.png
2.png (334.64 KiB) Viewed 792 times
1.png
1.png (64.94 KiB) Viewed 792 times

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Why don't you let the Meteobridge do the feeding of Weather Link? "WL Cloud" weather network is fine for doing this.
So you can get rid of your PC driven stuff completely.

QC91
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by QC91 »

Thank you how can I set that up?

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

galfert
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by galfert »

Looks like you have a class B local network. Your subnet mask is 255.255.0.0. Although there is nothing technically wrong with using a class B subnet, some stupidly configured devices/software (Davis software in this case) may have been improperly developed so that they only support a class C network (subnet mask 255.255.255.0). Now this is just an assumption on my part. But it would be worth testing on a class C network.

Is there any reason why you have a class B network? What kind of router are you using?
MR3020 v1
GW1000

QC91
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by QC91 »

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back I wanted to thank everyone for the help I use the IP address meteobridge on the Remote IP Address and it worked :D