Possibility of calibrating Extra-Sensors via Template?

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

xray77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Possibility of calibrating Extra-Sensors via Template?

Post by xray77 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pm

Hello,
I have the problem that you cannot calibrate in the Davis Console Extra sensors, e.g. the soil temperatures of the soil temperature/humidity station. This can only be calibrated by software. In the Meteobridge NANO SD only for a few parameters calibration data can be entered directly.

I have seen that there are operators for numerical calculations, but I did not manage to put them into a template, so that it works. Does anyone have a tip for this? That would be great.
For example, I would have the th10temp-avg displayed in the graphic-output with an offset of minus 0.5°C, how do I get that calculated in the template for the graphic-output?

I do not know if this is the right forum for another problem:
The display of the Weather34-Home-Weatherstation-Console, here there seem to be conflicts with the codepage: Special characters are displayed incorrectly in the German translation, as an example:

"Average temperature last hour 8.9°C"
or
"Cut direction Süd 185°"

Is it possible to correct this?
Thanks a lot
Best regards
Mike
priv. Weatherstation Buedelsdorf SH Germany
https://buedelsdorfwetter.de/MBSMART/index.php

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Possibility of calibrating Extra-Sensors via Template?

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:10 pm

xray77 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pm
Hello,
I have the problem that you cannot calibrate in the Davis Console Extra sensors, e.g. the soil temperatures of the soil temperature/humidity station. This can only be calibrated by software. In the Meteobridge NANO SD only for a few parameters calibration data can be entered directly.

I have seen that there are operators for numerical calculations, but I did not manage to put them into a template, so that it works. Does anyone have a tip for this? That would be great.
For example, I would have the th10temp-avg displayed in the graphic-output with an offset of minus 0.5°C, how do I get that calculated in the template for the graphic-output?

I do not know if this is the right forum for another problem:
The display of the Weather34-Home-Weatherstation-Console, here there seem to be conflicts with the codepage: Special characters are displayed incorrectly in the German translation, as an example:

"Average temperature last hour 8.9°C"
or
"Cut direction Süd 185°"

Is it possible to correct this?
Thanks a lot
Best regards
Mike
I can't help with the internal stuff of NANOSD but if you mean the recent console version for website here is what Im seeing in the console version .

console version screenshot in German
Screenshot at Mar 15 18-58-25.jpg
Screenshot at Mar 15 18-58-25.jpg (141.43 KiB) Viewed 133 times
or do you mean main template also shown in German because the average temperature last hour only appears as below
Screenshot at Mar 15 19-04-32.jpg
Screenshot at Mar 15 19-04-32.jpg (46.51 KiB) Viewed 133 times
only thing I can think of at present is PHP mbstring extension is not enabled or installed but that is something you would have to look for . if you have a php info file called phpinfo.php with this <?php phpinfo(); ?> in it you can run it and it will list what extensions are installed and enabled. Brian

xray77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by xray77 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Hello weatherist34,
Thank you for the quick answer!
I have now checked the codepage settings of my webhoster, changed the setting to codepage utf-8 and it works since then! So it was probably because of that.

With the MeteoBridge problem I guess I have to take a look. Maybe I will find a solution for it.

Another little issue: When I click on the Version Info button at the bottom right of the console, the version information is version 3.0 although I had downloaded and installed version 4.0.
Weather34 MB-SMART CONSOLE
Version 3.0 https://weather34.com

Best regards
Mike
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-15 um 18.15.06.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-15 um 18.15.06.png (365.09 KiB) Viewed 126 times

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:24 pm

xray77 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:06 pm
Hello weatherist34,
Thank you for the quick answer!
I have now checked the codepage settings of my webhoster, changed the setting to codepage utf-8 and it works since then! So it was probably because of that.

With the MeteoBridge problem I guess I have to take a look. Maybe I will find a solution for it.

Another little issue: When I click on the Version Info button at the bottom right of the console, the version information is version 3.0 although I had downloaded and installed version 4.0.
Weather34 MB-SMART CONSOLE
Version 3.0 https://weather34.com

Best regards
Mike
ok thats good you found a solution , has for ver number ill update it near or far distant future but thank you for raising ,highlighting it..

xray77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by xray77 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Hello weatherist34,

I still have a question about the display of the wind speed on the display. Is it possible to display it without decimals? I prefer the wind-display in the unit knots, here a resolution without decimals is standard.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-15 um 22.48.20.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-15 um 22.48.20.png (66.38 KiB) Viewed 117 times
e.g. 9,7 kts displayed as 10 kts..?
Thanks again
Mike

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:23 am

good morning im not sure which version your using as there is no url to check ?

Knots was on the list todo just needed to focus on the color sequences but this is where it is at live example http://www.bobhewitt.co.uk/MBSMART/cons ... edavis.php

or screenshot using knots the last part needed was to convert the forecast wind readings . it is based on default units for forecast using mph(uk) or universal km/h there is no conversion yet added for non metric or m/s to knots that will have to come at a later date.

you may want to move off this thread and use the popular thread as not to drowned out your original post question .
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=14398

screenshot using single digit KNOTS *note it now has the option to use/switch to KNOTS from bottom bar.
but please clarify with a url so I can simply advise you of updating .
Screenshot at Mar 16 10-20-24.jpg
Screenshot at Mar 16 10-20-24.jpg (140.36 KiB) Viewed 105 times

xray77
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by xray77 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:31 am

Hello,
I have moved my question to the suggested thread.
Best regards
Mike