Results of mysql query on nano **solved**

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

tkp97
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Results of mysql query on nano **solved**

Post by tkp97 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:24 am

This is an incredibly simple question, but I see no answer to it on Google. I have a meteobridge nano and it is set up with a connection to my remote mysql database (as indicated by the green checkmark in the mysql section). However, no matter what I use for a query, I see no results in the system message. Even for queries that would obviously generate an error. I also do not see the queries going through on the other end either. I have rebooted the nano. What am I missing?
Thank you in advance.

tkp

pwilman
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Results of mysql query on nano

Post by pwilman » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:44 pm

I assume that your host allows remote mysql connections? Mine (one.com) doesn't, so I was never able to use weather display to add data to my mysql database. I no longer use weather display, but the connection never got through.

Paul

tkp97
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tkp97 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Thanks Paul. My host (dreamhost) does allow remote connections as long as the ip address is cleared on the host end. I have done that and have posted mysql data from this ip address using other applications. So, anyway, in this case I know it should work.

tkp97
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by tkp97 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:46 am

I have answered my own question, and I will post the answer here in case anyone cares. Basically, the nano does not return any information on the result of a mysql query, so there is no way to tell if it worked or not - for this reason, the 'Test' button is completely useless. This is obviously not good, and I am not sure why a mysql interface would be made that did not return such information, but so be it. Therefore, one needs to make certain that the query will actually run in order to assume it is running; this isn't that easy for complex queries but is doable.