Meteobridge /PWS/ template forcast update

Requests for future functionality

Moderator: Mattk

jasonmfarrow
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Meteobridge /PWS/ template forcast update

Post by jasonmfarrow »

With the purchase of DarkSky by IBM the API used for the weather forecast is not accepting new sign-ups and will be gone by 2021. Boo! Hiss!

The weather display template that can be viewed at <your.meteobridge.ip>/PWS has a blank forecast box as a result.

Can this be changed to use the WeatherUnderground forecast? WU is the default forecast API on the current Weather34 template from which the Meteobridge/PWS template was derived?

Thank you.
Regards
Jason
jmfweather.uk | @jasonmfarrow

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Meteobridge /PWS/ template forcast update

Post by ConligWX »

Darksky was waken over by Apple - nope sorry - A$$le :lol:

WU was taken over by IBM and destroyed.

Aerisweather Forecast is the better option, though we will need Brian maybe to fix the template for this rather than Boris.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Meteobridge /PWS/ template forcast update

Post by weatherist34 »

Simon this at firmware level it is nothing something i can change in the nanosd internal version. An updated version of the template for the internal version a very slimmed down version to reduce any overhead on the nano resources its also using wunderground forecast this was made available to Boris last year long before darksky sold out.But this is something only Boris can implement.Of course if you have the knowledge of how to compile the json API and code the template to use underground or any other services it can be done by yourself. FWIW wunderground forecast API is fine its there PWS side of things thats is somewhat hit and miss hence i have not uploaded to wunderground since late 2017 in fact i dont upload to any services apart from my own website as the meteobridge nanosd gives me access to all my data when i need it.I found when some of those services are having issues,downtime ,become unreachable the buffer rate rapidly climbs to 100% and dropped packets start occurring elsewhere. Im sure when time permits Boris will either update or address the internal version in the nanosd bit its 100% not something I can do or want too i can only provide a compiled version for Boris to implement.