Roll back to last firmware

Requests for future functionality

Moderator: Mattk

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Roll back to last firmware

Post by ConligWX »

I was wondering if this could be an added feature on Meteobridge.

Instead of users upgrading to the latest version, and then to find something is broken, that they have an option to roll back to the last known version rather than having to roll back to a full x.1 version rollback.

At present with 4.3.x a user can only rollback to 4.2 and not perhaps the firmware released a week ago.

Just a thought.

galfert
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Roll back to last firmware

Post by galfert »

I second this.
MR3020 v1
GW1000

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Roll back to last firmware

Post by Mattk »

As I understand things, when you select "newest on boot" you get the latest version (as such) which is still in the development stage and has not been finalized as an actual version and made available in the drop down list for selection. At the moment 4.3 is not available to upgrade to the same as say you can stick to 4.2 as 4.3 is not final. I suppose it's the thinking of what is a version and what is not, a new firmware version (proper) could have 1 update (if critical) or many depending on the purpose.

Updating to the latest unfinalised essentially beta version can come with some unknowns as still in development and nobody should be updating anything critical based on development/beta versions. I can maybe see the point of sub versions but where does this stop and does the overhead to control this worth it?

What other software offers an individual fix by fix firmware selection within versions?