This section covers the Meteobridge PRO units exclusively

Moderator: Mattk

staze
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Template of conditions.json

Post by staze »

Hey All,

I'm trying to get weewx to be able to point at my MB Nano SD to pull live conditions, and I'm having a heck of a time finding a good solution. I've got it currently running with and SDL radio plugin, but it doesn't pull barometer since that's in my Envoy.

There's a WeatherLink plugin for weewx that will look at conditions.json, but I haven't gone about making a template for it. Wondering if anyone has one, or heck, might be doing something like this already and could save me some hassle.

Thanks!
Davis Vantage Vue, Weather Envoy, Meteobridge Nano SD

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Template of conditions.json

Post by ConligWX »

can you not use weewx to look at port 22222 on the Nano SD IP address?

I point CumulusMX at my Nano SD on port 22222 and it just works.
Meteobridge allows parallel use of the Vantage by a PC program, which connects to the Meteobridge on port 22222 (like with a Davis IP logger). Meteobridge can also pass through the connection to the Davis station to an additional PC weather program of your liking. Therefore, you can use Meteobridge and a PC weather program in parallel.

staze
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by staze »

So I could. But my understanding is that gives weewx control of MB (polling interval, etc). I already do this with WeatherCat, but I'm trying to get away from it.

But I see the note about parallel access. So what determines which has control? or did I misunderstand that whole thing?

Thanks!

staze
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by staze »

Ahhh... so this feature only allows the MB and ONE additional polling. So in my case, it's already weathercat. So weewx can't talk to it (I see it being denied by the MB Nano from connecting).

logger (25.06.2020 17:13:19): 10.0.2.16's request on port 22222 accepted.
logger (25.06.2020 18:26:08): 10.0.2.18's 2nd request on port 22222 declined.
logger (25.06.2020 18:45:14): message above repeats 2 times.

So either: this restriction needs to be adjusted (I doubt it), I need to stop using Weathercat and switch to weewx, or I need to still look at emulating the conditions.json. =/

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

Only one can connect via 22222 becuase the LOOP protocol is bidirectional. Having two masters sending commands cannot be handled by the logger/console. Davis WLIP has the same restriction.

staze
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by staze »

admin wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:14 am
Only one can connect via 22222 becuase the LOOP protocol is bidirectional. Having two masters sending commands cannot be handled by the logger/console. Davis WLIP has the same restriction.
Indeed. Just wasn't sure if there was some other way. Is there any way to just have a subscribe to the LOOP? I swear I saw something somewhere about software that could be run on a computer that basically did the initial LOOP subscribe, then allowed up to like 8 devices to subscribe to that feed.

I don't need an external device to have control over LOOP...

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

There was a PC program doing so, but they surrendered when the LOOP2 protocol was invented and stopped wasting time on this.

staze
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by staze »

admin wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:56 pm
There was a PC program doing so, but they surrendered when the LOOP2 protocol was invented and stopped wasting time on this.
Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks!