Weather34 TEMPLATE

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Weather34 TEMPLATE

Post by weatherist34 »

After nearly 6 months of building a version to exploit as many capabilities of the Meteobridge NANOSD weather34 is happy to release this version.

Whats the difference between this and other variants ?

1. It is built on the CSS structure of CSS GRID ..offers a greater flexibility in designing dashboard layouts and scaleability between smart devices and browsers.Requires latest or early 2019 versions of browsers to support CSS GRID .some info on css grid from my favourite css learning site
https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/com ... uide-grid/ ..

2. Exploits and takes advantage of the Meteobridge software built into the NANO(SD) .

3. Designed with NANOSD users in mind and the combination of Davis Vantage Weather Station Hardware.90% chance of working with meteobridge pro.

4. Easier to maintain and collaborate as users are basically all using similar configurations i.e Davis Vantage with NANO(SD).90% chance of replicating errors reported .

5. Charts requirement is simple without any knowledge of MYSQL required .Whilst MYSQL is flexible many users struggle in this area as no fault of their own and dont have the previous experience or knowledge to get over the setup procedure.
Using the benefit of Meteobridge Software to trigger data file creation via the services tab removes that overhead and frustration .All chart data is stored on your server in CSV format for safekeeping and use in other applications like spreadsheets etc. This is all done in the background at preset intervals there is no manual input or external cron jobs etc .Only risk is if your NANO(SD) stops sending for whatever reasons or your hosted server is unavailable (offline).

6. Design as always is at the forefront to try and make things as friendly as possible in the cleanest manner .It is difficult to try and maintain a clean design when so much data is made available or is at your disposal.

7. Offsite data like forecast,air quality,earthquakes are again all done in the background via the services tab .As always things like this are prone to downtime beyond our control .Template is designed to read data from stored files on your server not realtime scraping from other servers .

8. Straight forward setup guides are available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation via the menu top right.

9. Does not support TP-LINK type or alike hubs with meteobridge software .Many features are based on the NANO(SD) capability which is not present in TP-LINK type hubs .

10. MB-SMART displays 21 different modules in desktop and Tablet landscape mode reduces to 10 main modules in portrait tablet mode and single column layout for phone size screens.

11. MB-SMART uses a setup screen called mb-smart-setup and by default has no password indicated by the open padlock in the menu .Set your password as a priority and the padlock will show locked in the menu.

12. Supports 6 common used languages French,Spanish,German,Italian,Dutch,English(GB,US,CAN).
languages can be added but must be translated via a NATIVE speaker of that language and checked if design is broken due to word differences in lengths it wont be added by default.It is incredibly difficult to design around many languages and often hampers ideas and use-ability so every effort has been made to align across the default languages offered.unfortunately languages causing broken design or unchecked will no be added by default.

13.Unlucky number :-)

14. Download Available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstatio ... smart.html clicking the download link.

15. FAQ and setup guides available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

16. Template Supports 196 different values generated by NANOSD realtime .list below as of 21st September 2019 (4 new ones were 21-09-2019 related to heatindex and windchill *requires NANOSD reboot these are seen in the heat-chill-year-month.php small module option)

mb.php?d=[DD]/[MM]/[YYYY] [hh]:[mm]:[ss] [th0temp-act:--] [th0hum-act:--] [th0dew-act:--] [wind0avgwind-act:--] [wind0wind-act:--] [wind0dir-act:--] [rain0rate-act:--] [rain0total-daysum:--] [thb0seapress-act:--] [wind0dir-avg5:--] [wind0wind-act=bft.0:--] m/s C hPa mm [wind0wind-avg5:--] [thb0seapress-val60:--] [rain0total-monthsum:--] [rain0total-yearsum:--] [rain0total-ydaysum:--] [thb0temp-act:--] [thb0hum-act:--] [wind0chill-act:--] [th0temp-val60:--] [th0temp-dmax:--] [th0temp-dmaxtime:--] [th0temp-dmin:--] [th0temp-dmintime:--] [wind0avgwind-dmax:--] [wind0avgwind-dmaxtime:--] [wind0wind-dmax:--] [wind0wind-dmaxtime:--] [thb0seapress-dmax:--] [thb0seapress-dmaxtime:--] [thb0seapress-dmin:--] [thb0seapress-dmintime:--] [mbsystem-swversion:--] [mbsystem-buildnum:--] [wind0wind-max10:--] [mbsystem-platform:--] -- [uv0index-act:--] [rain0total-sum24h] [sol0rad-act:--] [wind0dir-avg10:--] [rain0total-sum60:--] [th0dew-mmax:--] [th0dew-mmaxtime:--] [th0dew-mmin:--] [th0dew-mmintime:--] [th0dew-ydmax:--] [th0dew-ydmaxtime:--] [th0dew-ymax:--] [th0dew-ymaxtime:--] [th0dew-ymin:--] [th0dew-ymintime:--] [uv0index-dmax:--] [th0hum-dmax:--] [th0hum-dmaxtime:--] [th0hum-dmin:--] [th0hum-dmintime:--] [th0dew-dmax:--] [th0dew-dmaxtime:--] [th0dew-dmin:--] [th0dew-dmintime:--] [th0temp-val15:--] [th0hum-val15:--] [th0dew-val15:--] [thb0temp-val15:--] [thb0hum-val15.0:--] [wind0wind-avg15:--] [wind0wind-avg30:--] [lgt0energy-act:--] [lgt0dist-act:--] [lgt0dist-age:--] [lgt0total-daysum.0:--] [lgt0total-monthsum.0:--] [lgt0total-yearsum.0:--] [sol0rad-dmax:--] [mbsystem-uptime:---] [th0temp-ydmax:--] [th0temp-ydmaxtime:--] [th0temp-ydmin:--] [th0temp-ydmintime:--] [th0temp-mmax:--] [th0temp-mmaxtime:--] [th0temp-mmin:--] [th0temp-mmintime:--] [th0temp-ymax:--] [th0temp-ymaxtime:--] [th0temp-ymin:--] [th0temp-ymintime:--] [wind0wind-ydmax:--] [wind0wind-ydmaxtime:--] [wind0wind-mmax:--] [wind0wind-mmaxtime:--] [wind0wind-ymax:--] [wind0wind-ymaxtime:--] [rain0total-ydmax:--] [rain0total-mmax:--] [rain0total-mmintime:--] [rain0total-ymax:--] [rain0total-ymaxtime:--] [sol0rad-dmax:--] [sol0rad-dmaxtime:--] [sol0rad-ydmax:--] [sol0rad-ydmaxtime:--] [sol0rad-mmax:--] [sol0rad-mmaxtime:--] [sol0rad-ymax:--] [sol0rad-ymaxtime:--] [uv0index-dmaxtime:--] [uv0index-ydmax:--] [uv0index-ydmaxtime:--] [uv0index-mmax:--] [uv0index-mmaxtime:--] [uv0index-ymax:--] [uv0index-ymaxtime:--] [th0dew-ydmin:--] [th0dew-ydmintime:--] [mbsystem-lastgooddata:--] [th0temp-avg60:--] [rain0total-nonzerotime:--] [th0temp-amax:--] [th0temp-amaxtime:--] [th0temp-amin:--] [th0temp-amintime:--] [th0dew-amax:--] [th0dew-amaxtime:--] [th0dew-amin:--] [th0dew-amintime:--] [wind0wind-amax:--] [wind0wind-amaxtime:--] [thb0seapress-ydmax:--] [thb0seapress-ydmaxtime:--] [thb0seapress-ydmin:--] [thb0seapress-ydmintime:--] [thb0seapress-mmax:--] [thb0seapress-mmaxtime:--] [thb0seapress-mmin:--] [thb0seapress-mmintime:--] [thb0seapress-ymax:--] [thb0seapress-ymaxtime:--] [thb0seapress-ymin:--] [thb0seapress-ymintime:--] [thb0seapress-amax:--] [thb0seapress-amaxtime:--] [thb0seapress-amin:--] [thb0seapress-amintime:--] [rain0total-allsum:--] [th0temp-davg:--] [mbsystem-lunarsegment:--] [mbsystem-lunarpercent:--] [mbsystem-daylength:--] [mbsystem-moonrise:--] [mbsystem-moonset:--] [wind0wind-davg:--] [th0hum-mmax:--] [th0hum-mmaxtime:--] [th0hum-mmin:--] [th0hum-mmintime:--] [th0hum-ymax:--] [th0hum-ymaxtime:--] [th0hum-ymin:--] [th0hum-ymintime:--] [th0hum-ydmax:--] [th0hum-ydmaxtime:--] [th0hum-ydmin:--] [th0hum-ydmintime:--] [thb0lowbat-act:--] [th0lowbat-act:--] [rain0total-max@M1] [rain0total-max@Y1] [air0pm-act:--] [th0temp-avg5:--] [thb0seapress-avg5:--] [uv0index-avg5:--] [wind0avgwind-avg5:--] [sol0rad-avg5:--] [th0dew-avg5:--] [rain0rate-avg5:--] [th0hum-avg5:--] [th0temp-yavg:--] [wind0wind-yavg:--] [th0temp-starttime:--] [wind0wind-starttime:--] [thb0seapress-starttime:--] [rain0total-starttime:--] [rain0total-ymintime:--] [wind0dir-mavg:--] [th0heatindex-ymax:--] [th0heatindex-ymaxtime:--] [wind0chill-ymin:--] [wind0chill-ymintime:--] _[forecast-text:]

17.Contributors and Big Thanks for their patience and help ,observations,ideas,contributions.It was a great pleasure and easy to resolve many things in a timely manner.
Lars (Singapore),Paul(UK),Graham(Guernsey),Ron(USA K1TTC),Piet(Netherlands),Tony(Tasmania),Boris(Germany Smartbedded Meteobridge).

some screenshots below but you can find more at https://weather34.com/homeweatherstatio ... smart.html

Attachments
Screenshot_2019-09-21 Singapore Home Weather Station.png
Screenshot_2019-09-21 Singapore Home Weather Station.png (296.5 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
Screenshot_2019-09-21 Methuen, MA Home Weather Station.png
Screenshot_2019-09-21 Methuen, MA Home Weather Station.png (357.26 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
Last edited by weatherist34 on Fri May 01, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Weather34 MB-SMART NANOSD TEMPLATE

Post by BigAlT »

Is Boris going to upgrade the Nano SD local dashboard to the new Weather34 Template ?.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

BigAlT wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm
Is Boris going to upgrade the Nano SD local dashboard to the new Weather34 Template ?.
perhaps a winter project but i do plan to send him a version soon for him to decide if it is feasible, probably end of month just polishing off some small requests but please remember the internal version uses AMCharts so may be some variation on chart appearances but all other features shouldn’t present a problem.brian

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin »

BigAlT wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm
Yes, I plan to make it as a second dashboard option available. Only problem is that I am brutally short of time. So please be a bit patient on this...

BigAlT
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by BigAlT »

Thanks. Looking forward to trying it.

pwilman
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by pwilman »

Big thumbs and on congratulations from me to Brian. I can only imagine how many hours he has put into this project. As ever, a fantastic design, fantastic implementation and it’s been great to be able to help out a little bit.

Paul

rzelle-K1TTC
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by rzelle-K1TTC »

I concur with what Paul has written 100%. It was great to help out a little as well.

Congratulations Brian,

..Ron

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

Good morning

glad you like it but those little contributions you may think they are , are important ones so every contribution was of benefit .there were many things like webcam,non metric values,functions not doing as they should on certain server configurations ,translations ,recent air quality charts and so on .It was easier to compile this time round because I only focused on NANOSD and Davis hardware and a few additional things like air quality where specific users were on hand to collaborate , if i had chosen to support all other methods,hardware then it would have been a mess and pretty much a pointless exercise as there are other templates that cater for a wider range of hardware etc..

Now the boring part :D
Once i have done the last of todo list not many left now it will become a request only download (github will go into private mode) or used only internally with NANOSD when Boris implements in the NANOSD itself. The aim is not popularity but reliability and a pleasant experience and if I can eradicate the need of constant support basically aim for a install and forget approach sit back and use it ,enjoy it .

I believe combined with the NANOSD is the most reliable and versatile solution for the Davis homeweatherstation owner.I installed my NANOSD aprox 355 days ago , i installed my Davis VP2 380days ago(running 24/7 since i installed NANOSD) both have never locked up ,failed in that period ,NANOSD only gets a reboot when firmware is updated other than that its done exactly as I needed especially leaving unattended for weeks on end ,holidays etc think the UPS plays a big part..My aim was always to have an unattended low maintenance weatherstation setup,now with a Davis VP2 combined with NANOSD connected to a UPS does exactly that.When you have that trust factor you can build around hence a web design to suit,go away without any doubts or concerns ,its when you dont have that or feel that trust factor the enthusiasm wanes and is less inspiring to create ideas and becomes a tedious task to maintain.

so i believe in giving credit where and when it is due doing that creates a friendly collaboration between each other .

so thank you for your input and to Boris for creating a worthy reliable product to work with the Davis hardware so much of the acknowledgements is down to him without this little gem we would be still reformatting our windows computers( I don't own one anymore) reinstalling OS software,rebooting because the screen locked up every day ,every three months or learning the linux code and so on and I probably would have found another hobby by now..

boring part over ...have a good day...brian

svampen
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by svampen »

Dear Brian
I would like to thank you for all work creating this template! Hat's off for you!

I have installed it some day ago and made a translation file for Swedish. Running it now to see eventual hickups or errors regarding that.
https://vader.krumelur.nu/

I now just have to find out what the unit "mi" for windrun is, when using scandinavian units (m/s for wind). Does not seem to be miles, nor km. Have to dig into the code a bit deeper, I guess. :wink:
PWS Villshärad/Halmstad, Sweden: vader.krumelur.nu DavisVPro + MB NanoSD.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

hello thanks for the heads up however translations are incredibly difficult to design around if i was stubborn enough i would not include translations at all , having said that i have done my best to accommodate languages where i had help over the last few months . looking at your swedish already i see design alignment issues , can only suggest look shorter phrases if they exist in your language if they dont guess you can hard code for your personal preferences . wind run ill take a look at what i can find shouldnt be too difficult

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

svampen wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:37 pm
Dear Brian
I would like to thank you for all work creating this template! Hat's off for you!

I have installed it some day ago and made a translation file for Swedish. Running it now to see eventual hickups or errors regarding that.
https://vader.krumelur.nu/

I now just have to find out what the unit "mi" for windrun is, when using scandinavian units (m/s for wind). Does not seem to be miles, nor km. Have to dig into the code a bit deeper, I guess. :wink:
2 files updated to the GITHUB master but you might be wise to get all updated files as some adjustments were made specific to handling translations better . what exactly are we looking in reference to wind run ?

send translated file via pm if possible I can take a look and see if it is useable to include in download

Screenshot at Oct 01 22-06-51.png
Screenshot at Oct 01 22-06-51.png (49.23 KiB) Viewed 4257 times

svampen
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by svampen »

I can send you the translation-file, but I am still tinkering with it. Some words are not suitable etc. Hard to see all places they might go and choose the right nomenclature.

But I fixed the wind run issue as follows:
in Windspeeddirection.php, at the very end:

Code: Select all

<div class=weather34windruntoday1>
<?php echo ' &nbsp;<windaveragevalue>',number_format($weather["windrun34"],1)."</windaveragevalue><weather34windrunspan>"?>
<?php if (($weather["wind_units"]=='km/h') || ($weather["wind_units"]=='m/s')){echo 'km';}else echo 'mi';?></weather34windrunspan></div>
<div class=windruntoday1><?php echo $lang['Wind Run']." ".$lang['Today'];?></div>
And in Livedata.php, approx line 105, I added a factor of 3,6 as such:

//weather34 windrun based on daily average
    $windrunhr=date('G');$windrunmin=(($windrunmin=date('i')/60));$windrunformula=$windrunhr=date('G')+$windrunmin;
	$weather["windrun34"]=$weather['wind_speed_avg30']*number_format($windrunformula,1);
    //Fix for correct m/s format by RM
if ($weather["wind_units"]=="m/s") { 
    $weather["windrun34"]=$weather["windrun34"]*3.6;
}

PWS Villshärad/Halmstad, Sweden: vader.krumelur.nu DavisVPro + MB NanoSD.

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

svampen wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm
I can send you the translation-file, but I am still tinkering with it. Some words are not suitable etc. Hard to see all places they might go and choose the right nomenclature.

But I fixed the wind run issue as follows:
in Windspeeddirection.php, at the very end:

<div class=weather34windruntoday1>
<?php echo ' &nbsp;<windaveragevalue>',number_format($weather["windrun34"],1)."</windaveragevalue><weather34windrunspan>"?>
<?php if (($weather["wind_units"]=='km/h') || ($weather["wind_units"]=='m/s')){echo 'km';}else echo 'mi';?></weather34windrunspan></div>
<div class=windruntoday1><?php echo $lang['Wind Run']." ".$lang['Today'];?></div>
And in Livedata.php, approx line 105, I added a factor of 3,6 as such:

//weather34 windrun based on daily average
    $windrunhr=date('G');$windrunmin=(($windrunmin=date('i')/60));$windrunformula=$windrunhr=date('G')+$windrunmin;
	$weather["windrun34"]=$weather['wind_speed_avg30']*number_format($windrunformula,1);
    //Fix for correct m/s format by RM
if ($weather["wind_units"]=="m/s") { 
    $weather["windrun34"]=$weather["windrun34"]*3.6;
}

ok just send it along when your ready no rush . ha i see about windrun . ill add it in sometime next week or wait till your language file is ready.. thanks for the feedback..brian

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX »

Brian is cloud height measured from the NanoSD values, ie:

#if#[th0temp-act.1:0.0]>[th0dew-act.1:0.0]#then#{*([th0temp-act.1:0.0]-[th0dew-act.1:0.0])*400*0}#else#0#fi#
or from local METAR data?

weatherist34
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by weatherist34 »

ConligWX wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:22 am
Brian is cloud height measured from the NanoSD values, ie:

#if#[th0temp-act.1:0.0]>[th0dew-act.1:0.0]#then#{*([th0temp-act.1:0.0]-[th0dew-act.1:0.0])*400*0}#else#0#fi#
or from local METAR data?
hello Simon

$weather["temp"] - $weather["dewpoint"] *1000/2.5 :-) however I could just change the formula too *400