Meteobridge NANO - available NOW in Europe and US!

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

prestwickwx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Meteobridge NANO - available NOW in Europe and US!

Post by prestwickwx » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:26 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:24 pm
ha hello chuck long time no hear trust you are well and healthy ...yep Nano doesnt or couldnt get any easier and all that versatile meteobridge software built in..dont you just wish Boris worked for Davis :-)

brian
Brian,

I suspect they might hamper his creativity.

Hope all is going well with the move. I just updated to the latest version of the template (Nov. 2) and noticed a small issue with a logo at the bottom. I will send you a screen shot over at the WXforum.

Take care,

Chuck

weatherist34
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:29 pm

hi chuck

i replied tp pm ..

yes moving patience has become a virtue ,bureaucracy beyond belief and if not signed by end of this month we will start all over again..

has for his (Boris) creativity I am sure they would reap the benefit..

brian

cdrichards2
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cdrichards2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Just installed my Nano tonight, and got it talking to Ambient Weather to where I could see my data online.
VERY COOL!

Then later this evening I checked the AB app again to find no data reported in ~3 hrs.

Now the Nano led is continuously cycling through a flash series: fast-slow-solid blinks

Tried the reset button during the fast, which sets it into a continuous fast blink mode.
But now what?
Short or Long-hold on the reset button does nothing

Cycled the Vantage Pro2 power, and it's back to the fast-slow-solid blink series

Help...!!!

weatherist34
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm

possibly you could have gone back to factory default.. just guessing so maybe try setting it all up as new again.. if accessible

http://download.meteobridge.com/files/m ... ual-en.pdf

cdrichards2
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cdrichards2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm
possibly you could have gone back to factory default.. just guessing so maybe try setting it all up as new again.. if accessible

http://download.meteobridge.com/files/m ... ual-en.pdf
Thanks. Tried that to no avail. Even downloaded the IP scanner, and it's not broadcasting so I can't attach.
And I've tried holding the reset button at various times in the blink cycles, and it gets locked in either a constant hyperfast blink, but no factory per the manual

weatherist34
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm

oh dear all you can do is go through process of elimination ,

last resort i would try

power down console

reboot router then

power on console with nano inserted

and attempt to connect as new product install . other than that maybe boris has a solution failing that return to supplier . fingers crossed you dont have to do that . i been running mine for a month almost and had no issues but then i dont send data to multiple networks to see other issues could arise i just send to one webserver..

prestwickwx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by prestwickwx » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:04 pm

cdrichards2 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:36 pm
Just installed my Nano tonight, and got it talking to Ambient Weather to where I could see my data online.
VERY COOL!

Then later this evening I checked the AB app again to find no data reported in ~3 hrs.

Now the Nano led is continuously cycling through a flash series: fast-slow-solid blinks

Tried the reset button during the fast, which sets it into a continuous fast blink mode.
But now what?
Short or Long-hold on the reset button does nothing

Cycled the Vantage Pro2 power, and it's back to the fast-slow-solid blink series

Help...!!!
My Nano (US Version - purchased through Ambient Weather) has been working fine, but I did notice something that seems odd with respect to Ambient Weather. The MAC address of my Nano, as reported via the Nano's Web interface and Ambient's Weather Station upload, is not the same as the actual MAC address as reported by my router and Network scanning software. Ambient uses the MAC address to authenticate the NANO for access to their server. Perhaps there is some issue. I was thinking about sending data to Ambient, but I am unclear about which MAC address to use.

I mentioned this in another post, but I have not heard anything from Boris.

Chuck

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 pm

The Mediatek MT7628 SOC powering the NANO has LAN and WiFi adapters and provides separate MACs for those. As with the other Meteobridges the MAC of the LAN adapter is taken as the one to identify the Meteobridge for other services. The "System" tab of the Meteobridge also shows this MAC as the one to go for. When you inspect your router logs, you will find the WLAN MAC of the NANO and you will have to bind this one to a fixed IP, if you like.

As long as you stay in the Meteobridge "universe" (well, might sound a bit too big...) the existence of multiple MACs is not visible, but the more exploring user might find out like you did. I did not put it into the instructions as this has potential to further confuse the users.

Did you manage to bring your NANO online again?

prestwickwx
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post by prestwickwx » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm

admin wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 pm
The Mediatek MT7628 SOC powering the NANO has LAN and WiFi adapters and provides separate MACs for those. As with the other Meteobridges the MAC of the LAN adapter is taken as the one to identify the Meteobridge for other services. The "System" tab of the Meteobridge also shows this MAC as the one to go for. When you inspect your router logs, you will find the WLAN MAC of the NANO and you will have to bind this one to a fixed IP, if you like.

As long as you stay in the Meteobridge "universe" (well, might sound a bit too big...) the existence of multiple MACs is not visible, but the more exploring user might find out like you did. I did not put it into the instructions as this has potential to further confuse the users.

Did you manage to bring your NANO online again?
Boris,

I appreciate the explanation. That clears it up.

Congratulations on the Nano - great device!

Take care.

Chuck

cdrichards2
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by cdrichards2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:07 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm

last resort i would try

power down console

reboot router then

and attempt to connect as new product install . other than that maybe boris has a solution failing that return to supplier . fingers crossed you dont have to do that . i been running mine for a month almost and had no issues but then i dont send data to multiple networks to see other issues could arise i just send to one webserver..
I had already tried that multiple times, but did it one more time just cuz you suggested it, and the short-long-hold flash sequence still happened. This time, I press the reset button (short press) during the flashing sequence, and noticed the Nano suddenly appeared on the IP scanner under it's previously assigned IP address.

IT IS BACK ONLINE AND WORKS AGAIN!!!

It's been up for a few hours, and is transmitting to my Ambient Weather account, which is now linked to my account on WeatherUnderground.
I"m happy :-)

Let's hope the Nano just had a glitch and stays up this time...

weatherist34
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:35 pm

cdrichards2 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:07 pm
weatherist34 wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm

last resort i would try

power down console

reboot router then

I had already tried that multiple times, but did it one more time just cuz you suggested it, and the short-long-hold flash sequence still happened. This time, I press the reset button (short press) during the flashing sequence, and noticed the Nano suddenly appeared on the IP scanner under it's previously assigned IP address.

IT IS BACK ONLINE AND WORKS AGAIN!!!

It's been up for a few hours, and is transmitting to my Ambient Weather account, which is now linked to my account on WeatherUnderground.
I"m happy :-)

Let's hope the Nano just had a glitch and stays up this time...
happy outcome , im a sucker for keep trying before i bow and have to send something back never easy here in turkey especially items from abroad..

so there we are just keep trying the obvious or not so obvious..have a good weekend ...brian

fishndave
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fishndave » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:49 am

hi all, I installed the NANO on Oct. 31. I have had to so far reboot it 3 times where it stopped communicating. The first two times, I did a simple reset by just pushing the blue button once and came back to life.
However, tonight, when pushing the blue button, I couldn't get the NANO to start blinking at all. I had to power off the unit completely and then back on. It is now connected.
What's up? This one seems to not be very reliable.

My old Meteobridge device lasted for years and finally died.

thoughts?

dave

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:23 am

What is your WiFi network like? What sort of distance?

fishndave
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by fishndave » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:00 pm

The wifi router is in the same room as the NANO, so the wifi connection is very good.
Is there any issue if the ISP goes down? that happens sometimes.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:28 am

ISP issues will cause some problems if rebooting etc depending on the Nano build and with outgoing data uploads from the Console/Envoy which I am assuming your "communication" problem might be about?

The Nano is very new and has had some major updates re the SD inclusion in recent weeks to mirror the capability of the MBPro. The MBpro had years of development and is quite stable. I would wait a couple of days before drastically changing anything until the next release which then may give a better understanding if it's the Nano, WiFi, Router and/or ISP.