Meteobridge NANO SD - a NANO with local storage

All about the standard Meteobridge devices based on mobile routers from TP-Link, D-Link, ASUS

Moderator: Mattk

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Meteobridge NANO SD - a NANO with local storage

Post by weatherist34 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:06 am

Mattk wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 pm
All should be good. I would update to the latest version first, then power it off, insert the card and follow the messages re FW update etc. Very straight forward.
thank you matt i need a bit of confidence pushing when it comes to firmware upgrades .. have a history of failed bricked products (non weather) in the past , either shear stupidity in not RTFM or power failures at the critical moment .. many thanks brian...

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:00 pm

You're welcome and I hope you have set the version control now to "use installed version", it's a very good feature, you have control.

bardek
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by bardek » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi,
I'd like to "synchronize" my current DB with Nano SD DB. Is there some schema of Nano SD DB structure documented?

regards

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Mattk wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:00 pm
You're welcome and I hope you have set the version control now to "use installed version", it's a very good feature, you have control.
yes I found that one I was always using the stick to version x.x on previous hardware... so far so good I really like the input of historical ..

sv2bzq
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by sv2bzq » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:00 pm

Ηι all.
Because I want to buy a Meteobridge Nano SD has some difference from Meteobridge Nano ?
Except from SD. I have to wait to come out to buy or buy a Meteobridge Nano and after add 1 SD card ? :?:

George.

admin
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by admin » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:26 pm

NANOs and NANO SDs are identical, apart from the microSD card.

sv2bzq
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Post by sv2bzq » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:23 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:26 pm
Ok thanks for the ansering .
We know when it will be released a Nano SD ???

vacation_land
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by vacation_land » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:27 pm

I am running into a problem where a SD card that is listed as compatible with the NANO SD (as per the NANO SD wiki) is being called out by the NANO I have as non compatible. This was the card type that was referenced for the purchase (ATP AF2GUDI (microSD Card, 2 GB, SLC Flash, -40°C – 80°C)).

This is the actual message.

"Warning: Inserted microSD card is not on the NANO's list of accepted industrial SLC models (AF UD)."

The card is a AF2GUDI unit but it is unclear if the OEM or ND part is creating a problem and if it is, then the list of acceptable card needs to be more specific as to what will or will not work. Other than this application, a 2 GB SD card is not of much value and it would be unfortunate to simply have to toss it. Any thoughts on what is going on and how to perhaps rectify the problem?

The card was just received from DigiKey.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/3770365

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 pm

The ATP 2Gb microSD card as specified is fine, I have it running, no problems. If using the latest Version/firmware it should be fine. Was this the first SD you have had in the Nano?

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:56 pm

sv2bzq wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:23 pm
admin wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:26 pm
Ok thanks for the ansering .
We know when it will be released a Nano SD ???
I think you are asking when will a Nano SD be released? The Nano SD firmware is released and is triggered once you insert the specified SD card into a Nano, you buy the Nano which will run as a straight Nano, then you can buy a microSD card, insert the card into your Nano and the system will do the rest, run it as a NanoSD

vacation_land
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post by vacation_land » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Mattk wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:46 pm
The ATP 2Gb microSD card as specified is fine, I have it running, no problems. If using the latest Version/firmware it should be fine. Was this the first SD you have had in the Nano?
So oddly enough, after the second reboot post firmware update (firmware updated and the unit reboot and then I issued a reboot manually twice), the card is now coming up as compatible with no issues. I have no idea what the hiccup was but it seems to have "automagically" fixed itself.

Mattk
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post by Mattk » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:17 pm

Yes typically requires a second boot to pick the card up after inserting the card, reboot once detects it has a card and loads/updates the NanoSD firmware version, reboot again then has the settings to recognize the card is correct.

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:09 am

good morning

not sure if it is a bug or my end but at 1st day of month yesterdays max/min is showing todays data . for example the string [wind0wind-ydmax:--] [wind0wind-ydmaxtime:--] returns todays values. having gone into history tab to edit it shows correct data for 30th Nov however going into livedata tab it shows yesterdays max/min using todays values .
myesterday.png
myesterday.png (77.12 KiB) Viewed 1561 times

ConligWX
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by ConligWX » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:13 pm

weatherist34 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:09 am
good morning

not sure if it is a bug or my end but at 1st day of month yesterdays max/min is showing todays data . for example the string [wind0wind-ydmax:--] [wind0wind-ydmaxtime:--] returns todays values. having gone into history tab to edit it shows correct data for 30th Nov however going into livedata tab it shows yesterdays max/min using todays values .
Brian, I can confirm the same of mine, even though mines only been up 24hrs or so:)

weatherist34
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post by weatherist34 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:36 pm

ConligWX wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:13 pm
weatherist34 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:09 am
good morning

Brian, I can confirm the same of mine, even though mines only been up 24hrs or so:)
hello simon

welcome to the club ... glad its not just mine i have looked at all possibilities so hopefully boris will,do his magic..